Suggestions for Zwave Dimmer with LED Bulbs and Vera2? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-23-2011, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently added Zwave to my household. Currently its a simple thermostat, lock, and Vera2 controller. I am ready to add dimmers to the mix.

I have been replacing my lights with Phillips LED 6E26R20 (the link is for the 7W version, I have a couple of the 6W ones, but I think otherwise they are similar). I have it on a dimmer now (some basic Home Depot dimmer, nothing special) and noticed that it will turn off at about 5% power which I read is normal for this bulb and not a big deal to me. Also it flickers at very low power levels, but I read elsewhere this could be from the dimmer.

So I am looking for good dimmers that support Z-Wave, LED bulbs (particularly the one I mentioned above) and with a nice manual dimmer on the switch itself. The current one I have has a button on the bottom that lights up when off and have a nice sliding knob for 3/4 of the switch for dimming. You just turn it on and adjust as you see fit.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-24-2011, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter

So I just added four more of the Phillips LED 6W bulbs I mentioned above. The room they are in is 6 recessed canned lights. Before I had 4 8W and the 2 6W Philips, now I have 6 6W Philips. They turn on and off, but only half of them dim and only by about 5% difference. So I think the dimmer I am using (a Lutron) can't handle them well. Going to have to order a couple dimmers tomorrow and try my luck I guess.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-24-2011, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter

Removed a followup because I was being stupid. I grabbed what I thought were the same bulbs. One of which was, but the other three were slightly different and not dimmable. All I can say is I had two kids with me and I was rushed.

So now that I solved the problem of the differences in the bulbs, I still need to find a good zwave dimmer that works well with LED lights (no drop out, no pop on, etc). Going to try a Leviton RZI06-1LX/VRI06-1LX Vizia RF Z-Wave 600W Dimmer - Incandescent.

If anyone has other suggestions I am willing to try, thanks...
Reply Home Automation

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page