Panasonic network control protocol - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 06-02-2011, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone,

after successfully implementing Onkyo's protocol for remote controlling receivers, I turned towards my new Panasonic BDT-310 Bluray player. It doesn't have a serial port but of course it does have a network connection so there should be a way to communicate with it. So I send an email to the Panasonic support but they said that that was not possible and the only way to do remote control the device (other than using the actual remote control ;-) was VIERA link via a Panasonic TV (which I don't have). However, that is obviously horsecrap as the iPhone App shows (sorry, first post, can't give you guys the link). Though I have to admit that I haven't tried it yet, but from what the description says there is no need for a Panasonic TV to use it.

So I ran a portscan on the player and it revealed that the ports 80 and 60606 are open (although no web server seems to run on port 80). I can connect to the receiver on port 60606 but without any knowledge of the protocol that of course didn't get me very far.

So my question now is: does anyone have the protocol specification or knows a nice Panasonic technician who could supply those? The other option would be to reverse engineer the iPhone app's network traffic which I would very much like to avoid :-)

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-21-2011, 12:16 AM

Any luck on this? I am looking at buying a Panasonic TV and Blueray Home Theater ina box. Would love to be able to integrate the control protocol into my own app!
post #3 of 9 Old 06-21-2011, 01:37 AM - Thread Starter

No, not really. Panasonic is being a real buzzkill about this.

I'm gonna try to reverse engineer the protocol, shouldn't be too hard. But I'm probably not gonna have time to do so until August or so :-/
post #4 of 9 Old 06-21-2011, 09:21 PM

Have you considered using a simple box like a Red Eye box to allow you to do this simply? IR emitter from box, to unit. Control with iPad or iPhone or iPod Touch. The question right now is, on that unit, did Panasonic build in IP control? If they did, the commands are readily available from Panasonic to Dealers. So contact a Dealer and find out if they'll share it with you. If they can get it to you, pay them for an hour of labor.
post #5 of 9 Old 06-22-2011, 10:46 AM

I found this with a bit of searching....

http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/...t=6810&p=41085

I hope it helps!
post #6 of 9 Old 01-07-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyb0y View Post

I'm gonna try to reverse engineer the protocol, shouldn't be too hard. But I'm probably not gonna have time to do so until August or so :-/

Any luck cracking this nut? I too would like to do this.

I have tried using TouchControl and the same syntax as is used on Panny RS232 ports (STXPOFETX or 02HPOF03H) for Power Off but no luck. Not sure if that is because I have the syntax wrong or do not know the right port (or both). I will have to try TouchControl using ports 80 and 60606.

Also does anyone know how to derive the syntax from the information noted on the Perceptive Automation page:

Use the following AppleScript within an Execute AppleScript action to send remote control commands to a Panasonic DMP-BDTx10 Blu-ray player on your network.

CODE: SELECT ALL
set theCommand to "POWER" -- set to any of the commands listed below.
set theIP to "192.168.1.20" -- set to your player's IP address.

-- send the command to the player.
do shell script "curl -A MEI-LAN-REMOTE-CALL -d cCMD_RC_" & theCommand & ".x=100 -d cCMD_RC_" & theCommand & ".y=100 http://" & theIP & "/WAN/dvdr/dvdr_ctrl.cgi"

post #7 of 9 Old 01-14-2012, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyb0y View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashenden View Post

Any luck cracking this nut? I too would like to do this...

Thanks to input from mdavej and XARiUS, I found what I was looking for in terms of the technical details needed to control a Panasonic DMP-BDT110/210/310 unit using IP over a 802.11 network. Then I successfully controlled my device using a laptop or iPxx device thanks to Fulltopuk as well as TouchControl after some tweaks on HTTP POST made by its developer.

The technical details on the command format (again thanks to mdavej and XARiUS) can be found in the following post: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...5#post21491715

My TouchControl device layout has been designed and is available at that site, if needed: http://www.touch-ir.com/. I have no affiliation to TouchControl other than I am a very impressed user (more on that in this post http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...5#post21491535).

NOTE: Please note that STOP does not work on my DMP-BDT110 and I am looking for a command for the Display button. Also, if anyone knows of any Status commands for the Panny DMP-BDTx10s, that would be nice to know as well.
post #8 of 9 Old 07-29-2012, 11:28 AM

MASHENDEN, since some time has gone by, how have your Panasonic IP control via HTTP/1.1 been going?

I have controlled many products over IP, including DirecTV, but for some reason I am having problems with my Panny DMP-BDP500, even with your GREAT post that pretty much spell it out.

Any update would be greatly appreciated.
post #9 of 9 Old 10-17-2012, 02:24 PM

Would also move to know if anyone has had any luck with this?
Reply Home Automation

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page