Hai htx 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 09-29-2011, 07:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone have any facts about the yet to be released HTX2 from HAI? I have heard several rumors but a major one I have yet to confirm is that the serial port is bi-directional to an iOS app that is fully customizable. Has anyone heard about this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-11-2011, 12:52 PM

I just read the following interesting info from Tom's blog at
http://www2.worthingtondistribution.com/blog/
The HTX2 experience is targeted to the iPad/iPhone user. While the Automation Studio features will still work, we expect the main interest with the HTX2 will be the integration with the forthcoming HAI iPad app along with an update to the iPhone app. These new software applications feature a new room architecture that allows the installer to assign system hardware to rooms. The user will be able to choose a room and then control only the hardware appropriate to that room. In addition, a new button will be available that will launch to HTX2 rendered customer interfaces. Typically, this will be control of A/V interfaces; however, in reality, these pages could control any device connected to the HTX2! I start to think about that level of integration and things start getting real exciting in a hurry. As well, the HTX2 page design will be done in a free HAI utility. This will make A/V programming and interface development a streamlined process with a number of benefits that makes building interfaces easier.
If the HTX2 sounds a great deal like a Bitwise BC4, it should. It is not a big secret that HAI's HTX was a modified version of the Bitware BC4 before the Pro version was released with iPhone/iPad integration. The HTX2 is based on the current Pro version of the BC4 and has all of the features that have made Bitwise one of the fastest growing companies in our industry. So why not just buy a BC4? The answer is the HAI iPhone/iPad App integration. Since the release of the HAI iPhone App we have been receiving requests from dealers to integrate with Bitwise. The HTX2 hardware and custom HAI software will contain custom code that will allow integration directly with the HAI iPhone and iPad Apps. This will greatly simplify installation and make full home control easier.
So what about the Bitwise TC4? In many ways, nothing changes. The BC4 remains an excellent theater controller. In addition, nothing prevents Bitwise from writing a driver to control HAI. The big difference between the BC4 and the new HTX2 is that the HTX2 will have all of the capabilities of the BC4 AND integration with the HAI iPhone/iPad Apps.
As I look at the HAI strategy and the current product landscape, the HTX2 makes a ton of sense. Without question, the iPad/iPhone are the hardware of choice for the consumer. This new product provides dealers a plug-and-play solution for control of the home, theater and IP camera viewing when home and away.
post #3 of 7 Old 10-11-2011, 01:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Might want to ask at the cocoontech HAI subforum.

http://www.cocoontech.com/forums/index.php?showforum=55

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
post #4 of 7 Old 04-10-2012, 03:33 PM

I have installed 2 already. Here are my observations. If you're proficient in universal remote control programming (ie URC Complete Control Program), networking and HAI,you'll have minimal problems. IR database is still at a minimum. So, learning IR codes is a must. Create a template project to import devices from for future projects (huge time saver). Some commonly used devices do work out of the box, like DishNet Sat receivers, AppleTV and Comcast Cable boxes. Don't forget to assign IR codes to EVERY button (tedious). HTX2 is very much like the BitWise BC4. Difference being HTX2 requires HAI controller integration (you'll add the GUI pages from the HTX2 in PC Acces Extended Setup section). BitWise just sits as a device on the LAN and uploads directly to iPad/iPhone. BitWise graphics templates do work in Mobile Designer. But, installation of HAI Mobile Designer overwrites BitWise Project Editor program files. So, you must have another computer to use for Bitwise programming. BitWise program files DO NOT import into HTX2 Mobile Designer and vice-versa. Good luck!
post #5 of 7 Old 04-14-2012, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscherer View Post

I have installed 2 already. Here are my observations. If you're proficient in universal remote control programming (ie URC Complete Control Program), networking and HAI,you'll have minimal problems. IR database is still at a minimum. So, learning IR codes is a must. Create a template project to import devices from for future projects (huge time saver). Some commonly used devices do work out of the box, like DishNet Sat receivers, AppleTV and Comcast Cable boxes. Don't forget to assign IR codes to EVERY button (tedious). HTX2 is very much like the BitWise BC4. Difference being HTX2 requires HAI controller integration (you'll add the GUI pages from the HTX2 in PC Acces Extended Setup section). BitWise just sits as a device on the LAN and uploads directly to iPad/iPhone. BitWise graphics templates do work in Mobile Designer. But, installation of HAI Mobile Designer overwrites BitWise Project Editor program files. So, you must have another computer to use for Bitwise programming. BitWise program files DO NOT import into HTX2 Mobile Designer and vice-versa. Good luck!

are you intrested in doing programming on HTX2 for others ?
post #6 of 7 Old 04-14-2012, 11:58 AM

if you are 480-515-0154
post #7 of 7 Old 05-04-2012, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter

HAI just released a new app for the HTX2 to be used as a stand alone with an iPad. Also, the HTX2 comes with a pre-built GUI so one simply has to drag the IR codes and the project is done. I haven't done this yet but I just watched a training video...looks super simple.
Reply Home Automation

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page