Vantage Controls drivers for Sonos? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 22 Old 10-17-2011, 06:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Everyone,

New to this forum, but not to the gear. Just checking to see if any Vantage Controls intergators hang around here and wanted to know if you've seen/have a InFusion port driver for controlling a Sonos system. So far, Vantage hasn't supported yet. Also, looking for a port driver for a URC PSX-2 Ipod dock/server.

Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks

Aster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 10-17-2011, 03:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Try remotecentral.com Custom Installers Lounge subforum, and/or ***************.com forums.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
post #3 of 22 Old 10-17-2011, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

That's *************** dot com

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
post #4 of 22 Old 10-17-2011, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member

OK one more try

Integration Pros dot com

post #5 of 22 Old 10-22-2011, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. Integration Pros dot com must have lost their domain or didn't renew. Just goes to a "parked page" it looks like to me. One of those darn "Two Cows" search ad sites that they then try to hold up the site to sell back for ransom.

Couldn't find anything on Remote Central. Vantage hasn't got their forum site back yet but I guess it's in the works.

Anyone else a Vantage Integrator here?

Aster
post #6 of 22 Old 10-22-2011, 10:03 PM

Liked: 11
There is no Vantage Controls driver for Sonos at this time.
I didn't think there is a IR or RS232 control for Sonos, is there?
post #7 of 22 Old 10-23-2011, 05:59 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the help. No, the Sonos doesn't have any IR or RS-232 controls which is really dumb IMHO.

I was hoping for a network port control driver that was built already like you control all the other networked devices with.

I'll have to check into any SONOS protocols that I could get and attempt to build a drive myself I guess. If the mousetrap was already built, I didn't what to have to build a new, different one myself. If you know what I mean.

Aster
post #8 of 22 Old 10-23-2011, 01:16 PM

Liked: 11
BTW integration pros dot ORG
post #9 of 22 Old 10-24-2011, 04:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Doh.

Sorry, didn't check. Been away, was on my phone.

post #10 of 22 Old 10-24-2011, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Sonos drivers available for C4, Crestron, AMX, Nevo, Pronto.

With a new crop of wireless distributed audio systems, maybe another system should be considered, one that's more 'integration friendly'.

Nuvo and Proficient both have new wireless sytems. Not sure about the Proficient, but the Nuvo music server would compete with Sonos for source options. And, it's actually integrated nicely with most control systems (not sure of InFusion, though, but probably).

post #11 of 22 Old 10-26-2011, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Someone pointed out recently that the greatest thing about Sonos is the user interface. With integration, you lose that benefit. The 3rd party control modules are limited.

post #12 of 22 Old 10-18-2012, 08:55 AM

Hi, we've integrated Sonos with Vantage InFusion using our gateway; actual release permit to control play/stop/next/prev, volume/tones, playlists launch and join/split zones. As soon as Vantage release the new Driver Interface we update our gateway with library browse functionality. Please fell free to contact me if you have any question.
post #13 of 22 Old 12-03-2012, 11:41 AM

Im very interested in this. We are Vantage and Sonos Dealers. I would like to try it at one of our showrooms. Where can we get the driver? i havent seen any in the online driver library.
post #14 of 22 Old 12-06-2012, 02:25 PM

Sorry folks, we currently don't have a Vantage certified driver for Sonos. Our library is growing. Check back here for up-to-date information here.
post #15 of 22 Old 12-06-2012, 03:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Sonos is UPnP based, which isn't necessarily a trivial undertaking for an embedded system. It brings in a fairly large chunk of underlying support code that any embedded system would have to add to their firmware image, at pretty significant space cost I'd imagine. And, the thing is, they might not end up using it for much anything else, so that would make the overhead that much more painful possibly. It's also not a light weight technology, so it might be a bit of a load on the processing capabilities, I dunno.

We recently added two different Sonos drivers and, even with basic UPnP support already in the place in the underlying OS, it was a fair bit of work and code at both our application and underlying object infrastructure level.

Dean Roddey
Chairman/CTO, Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd

www.charmedquark.com

post #16 of 22 Old 02-14-2013, 04:04 PM

There is a company in UK stating that they wrote the code lines (Strings) to integrate Sonos and some online straming services like Spotify to Crestron, AMX and Control 4. My guess is that it can be done with Vantage too, but i havent had any luck contacting them. Anybody now anything about it?
post #17 of 22 Old 02-14-2013, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Don't know anything about them. Still hoping that Vantage will get on the stick with what, unfortunately, has become the most popular Audio system selling right now. Hope the Nuvo wireless is a great piece & have one on the way for the showroom. URC is to have a Sonos interface driver for Total Control in the next month or two as well. That may be interesting for some bargain basement Automation system that I'd rather have than HAI or Control4.

Aster
post #18 of 22 Old 02-15-2013, 11:56 AM

Hi, we built a DLNA Gateway (a little box, like HVAC or DMX Vantage Gateway, with a piece of software) that talk with Sonos DLNA Network and Vantage because Vantage can't implements a complete DLNA Protocol. Vantage driver is currently named Youus/DLNAController.

At this time the driver permit to control (and receive real-time feedback):
- play/stop/pause/next/previous action
- play a specified (by name) playlist or a radio (by TuneIn url)
- receive current song title/artist/album
- join two on more zones
- control volume, bass, treble and loudness

Gateway is upgradeable with future firmware versions; we'are waiting to implement Music Library browse because Vantage says that current list implementation (ListProvider item) will be deprecated with the introduction of DataProvider and Equinox/EquinoxUX keyboard and touchscreen.
post #19 of 22 Old 02-24-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreasInteligent View Post

There is a company in UK stating that they wrote the code lines (Strings) to integrate Sonos and some online straming services like Spotify to Crestron, AMX and Control 4. My guess is that it can be done with Vantage too, but i havent had any luck contacting them. Anybody now anything about it?

I think it is www.sirecontrol.com but I am not sure if it is good or not ... Feedback anyone ?
post #20 of 22 Old 03-14-2013, 07:13 PM

Where can i find more information on that. We are also Nuvo and URC dealeres. Please tell me how it goes with the nuvo wireless, we are also very interested in it because now Nuvo is part of legrand company so the integration with Vantage controls might be easier and full on with the new Equinox environment
post #21 of 22 Old 03-14-2013, 07:18 PM

Are you looking for beta testers? we are open to it...im goig to take a look at the driver..does it support search features with spotify or rhapsody?

What we are really looking for is a cheaper Digital Media Manager and an internet music provider player, cheaper than the almos 8 grand of vantages DMM to offer to our clients. It is a shame that Control 4 has already incorporated Rahpsody to their offer and Vantage doesent.

We are Platinum Vantage dealres in Mexico.

Regards
post #22 of 22 Old 03-14-2013, 07:18 PM

Exactly that is the one... I have sent several emails with no reply
Reply Home Automation

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page