Vantage Control and the Vision System - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-31-2012, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Vantage - Vision System installed in my house. Vantage no longer supports this system and has sold off all the inventory. I am hoping to hold off an upgrade for a few years and am looking for spare parts. If anyone has parts for the Vision System, please pm me and we can discuss.

There are a number of posts about Vantage and I thought I'd share my experience. My installer move from the area about a year after my installation. We had not even engraved the plates. I went directly to Vantage and they have provided me with excellent support. I can program, change triacs, system boards, power supplies and fix almost anything that goes wrong. While I had to learn, I do want to commend Vantage for excellent service and support. I will definitely stick with Vantage on my upgrade.

To those of you considering Vantage, or any other home control product (I also have a Pro-2 based Creston A/V system), the most important consideration is what do I do when this system stops working or is obsolete. The second most important is the installer. You are tying yourself to their support for a long time. If it is a one man shop, what happens if something happens to them? I found out the hard way. Thankfully, the manufacturer was there to support me. Crestron is more widely supported. Still you must have an uncompiled copy of your programming or you start from scratch. I now require an uncompiled version of my programming as well as a sketch of my system with id numbers to be turned over to me with the final payment.

Finally, with regard to upgrading my Vantage Vision station wiring. My stations are daisy chained with cat 5 wire. How are the Infusion stations wired and can this be used to upgrade?

Sorry for my preaching, I just got on a roll,
Whack