Zwave Software - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-02-2012, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am new to ZWAVE and purchased the intermatic starter kit with remote and two lamp modules. I have everything working perfectly and I am using the timer and scenes with no issues.

My next step would be so I am able to control from anywhere via my IPAD or Android Phone. I am looking for cheapest way to achieve this result.

Is their any software that will work with Aeon Labs ZSTICK and android/iphone which can be purchased at a small cost. I have been searching but the information is scattered and I can't figure out a definitive answer. I do not want to spend over $ 200.00 for software such as Homeseer.

Thanks,

MIke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2012, 08:36 AM

why not just get a VeraLite? it's just $179, and has been solid for me so far. it has many iapps for it... http://www.asihome.com/ASIshop/produ...oducts_id=4793 i wanted a solution that didn't need to be left on 24-7 that hogs poer like a computer myself.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks,

I will look into this. I was looking for something even cheaper, since I am only going to be running at most 15 devices. I saw Z WAVE Commander but I think this only works with control stick and not aeon ZSTick ll.

Any other suggestions.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc8870 View Post

Thanks,

I will look into this. I was looking for something even cheaper, since I am only going to be running at most 15 devices. I saw Z WAVE Commander but I think this only works with control stick and not aeon ZSTick ll.

Any other suggestions.

not from me... i pretty much a newb. it was however easy to figure out how to get it to work with trial and error. for example, my front door deadbolt, i had to put the vera in highpower mode (found out by looking on their wiki after failing to get it to link). also, some of the other devices took two or even three tries to link. but after it's done, it's done. i myself have just 20 devices, and after a month now, no down time on the z-wave devices. the only thing that has frozen have been my cheap ip cameras (monitored remotely with the vera), although, those froze up on their own in the past.