Lutron Rf dimmers - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-16-2012, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
anyone useing the Lutron Rf dimmers with a universal remote? i am looking at this model MRF2-600MHW. this are about 20 or so more per switch but i wouldn't have to worry about aiming blasters at my switches...

one thing i noticed is the MRF2-600MHW does not come with a remote. would i be able to program it to my remote (currently accoustic research rf)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2012, 03:02 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1979 View Post

anyone useing the Lutron Rf dimmers with a universal remote? i am looking at this model MRF2-600MHW. this are about 20 or so more per switch but i wouldn't have to worry about aiming blasters at my switches...

one thing i noticed is the MRF2-600MHW does not come with a remote. would i be able to program it to my remote (currently accoustic research rf)?

To the best of my knowledge, this is a closed system - meaning that you would have to use the Lutron Pico wireless remote to control the dimmer. Unlike their Ra2 or Homeworks products, this doesn't appear to have a master controller module that would allow some sort of connection to an outside controller (and even then, doubtful that you could use your existing remote to connect to it, but I don't know much about your Acoustic Research model).

Lutron did partner with URC to create a line of RF dimmers that work with the URC RF remote controls. Of course, this would require you to change your remote to a capable URC remote (along with dealer-provided programming), and I'm not certain of the pricing of this line.