Honeywell Tuxedo Touch thermostat control 2 zones of HVAC? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-12-2012, 07:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 149
I have a new house and upgraded the already present First Alert Honeywell panel to the latest and greatest model.I also went with a Honeywell ZWAVE thermostat for the house. Seems to work well for the home. I got it through my local First ALert dealer and they are monitoring it. The panel can be monitored and remotely armed/disarmed via the and, for now, is not accessible via the TOTALCONNECT APP (V. 2.0). THere is no thermostat monitoring for now. Version 2.1 (due out soon) will have monitoring of the temperature and some control for the ZWAVE thermostat. All the app can do for now is engage preset temps based on ARM AWAY, ARM STAY, DISARM.

***But I am thinking of going with a more sophisticated Honeywell thermostat. We have a sun room that is not heated (but insulated and finished) that we'd like to add electric baseboard heat. The dealer asked what type of thermostat I'd like to use.

I saw this (Honeywell Tuxedo touch wifi controlled thermostat): http://www.security.honeywell.com/hs...ad/317517.html

Can this model employ my ZWAVE thermostat to control the sunroom? Or can this model control my house and sun room (2 zones)? I could simply run a temp sensor to the sunroom and use the one Tuxedo thermostat to maintain that room and the house.

Anyone have any knowledge Honeywell to best accomplish my goals?

Thanks!

My Home Theater of the Month- Le Petit Trianon

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-02-2012, 07:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Tuxedo Touch is very interesting automation controller that works with First Alert security panel.

watch youtube on this Tuxedo Touch. youtube - search "tuxedo touch". It is actually a very easy to use automation controller with built-in zwave controller that can do a lot of zwave devices like lights, locks, thermostats and shades. this thing can connect to IP cameras to see live video feeds. the best thing is it has a built-in web server that can turn any device with a web broswer such as smartphones, iPads, tablets, pcs, laptops and smart tv to control the system. don't have to down any apps. if you know how to open up ports in your router, you can remote control everything.

Tuxedo is not a thermostat. it can control the Honeywell zwave thermostat. you can add a second zwave thermostat for your sunroom.

hope this helps. you can google tuxedotouchtoolkit site for more info
post #3 of 3 Old 06-03-2012, 07:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason123 View Post

Tuxedo Touch is very interesting automation controller that works with First Alert security panel.

watch youtube on this Tuxedo Touch. youtube - search "tuxedo touch". It is actually a very easy to use automation controller with built-in zwave controller that can do a lot of zwave devices like lights, locks, thermostats and shades. this thing can connect to IP cameras to see live video feeds. the best thing is it has a built-in web server that can turn any device with a web broswer such as smartphones, iPads, tablets, pcs, laptops and smart tv to control the system. don't have to down any apps. if you know how to open up ports in your router, you can remote control everything.

Tuxedo is not a thermostat. it can control the Honeywell zwave thermostat. you can add a second zwave thermostat for your sunroom.

hope this helps. you can google tuxedotouchtoolkit site for more info

It does help. I like it. I can add pretty much anything to it and control it minus an app (as you mentioned).

Thanks for the suggestions.

My Home Theater of the Month- Le Petit Trianon

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
Reply Home Automation

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page