Thanks for the interest!
A lot has been done, BUT nothing worth posting pictures of. Here is whats going on.1) Ceiling Insulation
- I am in the process of removing the ceiling and adding Roxul Safe'n'Sound
rock-wool on the First, Second & Third floors. For those who do not know what Rock-Wool it's a stone based product where the stone is shredded so fine that it turns to a wool like fabric. Since this is a Canadian product and not carried in So Cal, where I am located I had to special order it. I can not recommend Roxul Safe'n'Sound more. Below is taken from Roxul's
web site on Safe'n'Sound.[*] Non-combustible stone wool insulation with melting point of approx. 1177°C (2150°F)
[*] Easily cut
[*] Excellent sound absorbency
[*] Fire resistant due to its high melting temperature
[*] Water and moisture resistant; does not absorb moisture to maintain insulating value
[*] Chemically inert
[*] Does not rot, promote mildew, fungi, or bacteria, or sustain vermin
[*] CFC- and HCFC- free product and process
[*] Made from Natural and Recycled materials
When I start the paneling on the first, second & third floors we will be installing with more Rock-wool
2) Lighting, Furniture, Fireplace, etc
- I have been ordering all furniture and lighting for the entire house, except Master Bedroom, since my last post. Since it takes anywhere from 8 - 12 weeks or more for furniture and lighting to be delivered I have been ordering and storing it as it arrives.
3) AV & Automation
- Again ordering and storing. I have been ordering racks (Middle Atlantic), AV gear, Crestron Gear, etc. Too much to mention.
Here is a bit of deatail. For Screens we are a Screen Innovations dealer so we will be using SI screens & Digital Projections projectors. I am adding some more occupancy sensors. I am adding Crestron infiNet EX Occupancy Sensors
to the Garage, Powder Room on the 2nd Floor, Media Room Powder Room and Master Bedroom closet in the next few weeks. I will take pics of these and post when done.In the Great Room
- We will be using the Black Diamond Motorized 2:35 with Projector Digital Projections projector
- I have not quite decided on the Great Room Display as of yet. Currently I have an Elite display in the Great Room. I know I will be using Vision Art to conceal the display when not in use.
I will be putting a fixed 16x9 Black Diamond SI Screen in the Media Room with Vision Art concealing the screen when not in use. As far as projector goes it will be a Digital ProjectionsMaster Bedroom
I will be putting a motorized 16x9 Black Diamond SI Screen in the Media Room with Vision Art concealing the screen when not in use. As far as projector goes it will be a Digital Projections
If you want to see what a garage full of furniture, lighting, rock-wool and AV gear let me know and I will take a pic. We can barely fit our Prius in the Garage.Moving Forward
We will not actually start renovation again until late February early March due to a few reasons.
 Im currently working on a large project that has taken all my time. It started in June and will finish at the end of this month
Custom Iron and Brass Works
 I take off work and close up business from November - January 15th every year. This year I am extending that until Feb 2014. I am going on a cruise to the Bahamas and Key West in mid Jan 2014.
 I have a job scheduled in Feb 2104 when I get back. It's a small job and that should only take a month.
- The custom iron and brass works, Stair Railings and Front Door, have been designed and will be ordered in November. I MIGHT have those installed when finished IF they are finished and can be installed after Thanksgiving and the first week of December. If not then these will not be installed until Feb/Mar 2014. I don't think I posted pics of the custom iron and brass work so I will look for them and post them.Fireplace, Cabinetry, Paneling
- As stated in my last post the Fireplace, Cabinetry, Paneling has been designed and ready to go. The fireplace should arrive in late Dec early Jan. Cabinetry and paneling will be ready when we do the installation in March/April 2014.
That's all I can think of for now. Sorry no images or any "Visible" progress. As I said back in June, after the flooring was done, because of a big job we have I didn't think I would start any major work again until 2014.
In the mean time if there are any questions please do not hesitate to ask.