My Whole House Crestron Automation - Page 3 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #61 of 154 Old 10-04-2013, 10:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi. Is there any more progress you could show us?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 154 Old 10-07-2013, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Hi,
Thanks for the interest!
A lot has been done, BUT nothing worth posting pictures of. Here is whats going on.
1) Ceiling Insulation - I am in the process of removing the ceiling and adding Roxul Safe'n'Sound rock-wool on the First, Second & Third floors. For those who do not know what Rock-Wool it's a stone based product where the stone is shredded so fine that it turns to a wool like fabric. Since this is a Canadian product and not carried in So Cal, where I am located I had to special order it. I can not recommend Roxul Safe'n'Sound more. Below is taken from Roxul's web site on Safe'n'Sound.
[*] Non-combustible stone wool insulation with melting point of approx. 1177°C (2150°F)
[*] Easily cut
[*] Excellent sound absorbency
[*] Fire resistant due to its high melting temperature
[*] Water and moisture resistant; does not absorb moisture to maintain insulating value
[*] Chemically inert
[*] Does not rot, promote mildew, fungi, or bacteria, or sustain vermin
[*] CFC- and HCFC- free product and process
[*] Made from Natural and Recycled materials

When I start the paneling on the first, second & third floors we will be installing with more Rock-wool

2) Lighting, Furniture, Fireplace, etc - I have been ordering all furniture and lighting for the entire house, except Master Bedroom, since my last post. Since it takes anywhere from 8 - 12 weeks or more for furniture and lighting to be delivered I have been ordering and storing it as it arrives.

3) AV & Automation - Again ordering and storing. I have been ordering racks (Middle Atlantic), AV gear, Crestron Gear, etc. Too much to mention.

Here is a bit of deatail. For Screens we are a Screen Innovations dealer so we will be using SI screens & Digital Projections projectors. I am adding some more occupancy sensors. I am adding Crestron infiNet EX Occupancy Sensors to the Garage, Powder Room on the 2nd Floor, Media Room Powder Room and Master Bedroom closet in the next few weeks. I will take pics of these and post when done.

In the Great Room
  • We will be using the Black Diamond Motorized 2:35 with Projector Digital Projections projector
  • I have not quite decided on the Great Room Display as of yet. Currently I have an Elite display in the Great Room. I know I will be using Vision Art to conceal the display when not in use.

Media Room
I will be putting a fixed 16x9 Black Diamond SI Screen in the Media Room with Vision Art concealing the screen when not in use. As far as projector goes it will be a Digital Projections

Master Bedroom
I will be putting a motorized 16x9 Black Diamond SI Screen in the Media Room with Vision Art concealing the screen when not in use. As far as projector goes it will be a Digital Projections

If you want to see what a garage full of furniture, lighting, rock-wool and AV gear let me know and I will take a pic. We can barely fit our Prius in the Garage.

Moving Forward
We will not actually start renovation again until late February early March due to a few reasons.
[1] Im currently working on a large project that has taken all my time. It started in June and will finish at the end of this month
[2] I take off work and close up business from November - January 15th every year. This year I am extending that until Feb 2014. I am going on a cruise to the Bahamas and Key West in mid Jan 2014.
[3] I have a job scheduled in Feb 2104 when I get back. It's a small job and that should only take a month.

Custom Iron and Brass Works - The custom iron and brass works, Stair Railings and Front Door, have been designed and will be ordered in November. I MIGHT have those installed when finished IF they are finished and can be installed after Thanksgiving and the first week of December. If not then these will not be installed until Feb/Mar 2014. I don't think I posted pics of the custom iron and brass work so I will look for them and post them.

Fireplace, Cabinetry, Paneling - As stated in my last post the Fireplace, Cabinetry, Paneling has been designed and ready to go. The fireplace should arrive in late Dec early Jan. Cabinetry and paneling will be ready when we do the installation in March/April 2014.

That's all I can think of for now. Sorry no images or any "Visible" progress. As I said back in June, after the flooring was done, because of a big job we have I didn't think I would start any major work again until 2014.

In the mean time if there are any questions please do not hesitate to ask.
post #63 of 154 Old 10-07-2013, 02:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Thanks for the update, James.

I keep reading that Roxul is comparable to R19, for soundproofing. You may want to reconsider your decision to use the Roxul S&S.

Here is a relevant bit from a thread: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1017460/roxul-sound-proofing-opinion#post_13599540

Ted White, from The Soundproofing Company, and Dennis Erskine, both very well respected for their honesty, concur.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
post #64 of 154 Old 10-08-2013, 12:46 PM

Thanks for all the information. Sounds like it is going to be amazing.
post #65 of 154 Old 01-02-2014, 08:37 PM

How is this project coming along?
post #66 of 154 Old 01-09-2014, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter

Happy New Year to All.
Currently we have not done anything since my last posting. I am on vacation, leaving on a Disney Cruse to the Bahamas on Tuesday smile.gif, and will not be back until the end of Jan. We plan on starting with the following in the middle to end of Feb.

Great Room
1) Install fireplace.
2) Move the display in the Great Room to the opposite side of the room and install Vision Art to conceal the display.
3) Install custom paneling and built in cabinetry.

Kitchen
1) Retrofit lighting. Will be putting in the Elco 3" Halogens as we did in the rest of the home but will be using Copper trim rings. This will be added to the Crestron Lighting Panel installed earlier.

2) Will be adding 2 of the following Schonbek Chandeliers over the Island (the Island measures 8' x 5'). This will also be tied back to the Crestron Lighting Panel
AppleMark

3) Installing a Crestron TSW-1050 Touch Panel

Now for the big surprise. The range.
4) I have ordered a La Courneu Chateau 120, Model# 120 US E2. The config is 2 ovens (1 Gas/1 Electric), 2 Burners, 1 Plaque and a Lava Rock Grill. The body will be Polished Copper with Polished Brass trim. See the pic below. I am also adding the Rotisserie in the same color scheme Brass/Copper as the range. La Corneu will also be providing the door covers for the dishwasher and refrigerator so it all matches.

I was at Purcell Murray, the USA Distrubuter of La Corneu, yesterday configuring my range and the option and took the following pics at the showroom.

Well that's all for now. I will post more later today or tomorrow ( I have a meeting in 10 min.) I PROMISE that when we start in Feb, I will take pics and post, before, during and after, as the work is being done. In the mean time if you have any questions let me know.
post #67 of 154 Old 01-10-2014, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Wow, nice appliance. Is the floor strong enough to support that Sherman tank of an oven?

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
post #68 of 154 Old 01-18-2014, 04:26 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post

Wow, nice appliance. Is the floor strong enough to support that Sherman tank of an oven?

I can't believe you even asked that ... smile.gif
post #69 of 154 Old 01-18-2014, 04:44 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 773
bit OT but when I see that Schonbek Chandelier it reminds me of a similar one we installed: and had for 3 months: that is when Super storm Sandy hit our house

The Schonbek was exposed indirectly to salt spray as dining room windows blew in: but it looked OK and still worked. We wrapped it in plastic to protect it during renovations. A couple of months later another inspection revealed all the wire holding the expensive crystals had corroded so badly that they began to fall off: a call to Schonbek confirmed they used uncoated steel wire but they would not help me at all. My insurance company paid me for it and the wife insisted on replacing it ...with another Schonbek.

please take the high road in every post
if you see a problematic post, please do not quote it or respond to it: report it to the mods to handle
post #70 of 154 Old 01-19-2014, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post

Actually, that was a long term concern. Back in March, before when we had the travertine laid, we had an engineer come out to make sure that with all of the renovations (travertine, fireplace, bookcases, wall paneling, equipment racks, kitchen appliances, etc), we were planning, that the I-beams holding the 2nd flr. would be able to support the additional weight of what we would be adding, since the great room, dining room and kitchen are all on the 2nd flr.

The report came back fine. According to the report the total weight, which includes the additional weight, would be < 10% of the total weight the floor is designed to hold.

So no issues.
post #71 of 154 Old 01-19-2014, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter

Some one asked what model Schonbek I am installing in the kitchen. I am installing 2 Versailles 2770 in Natural Rust over the island. The pic below is the exact style I am installing.

AppleMark
post #72 of 154 Old 01-19-2014, 09:00 AM

Liked: 13
James,

As a long time admirer of this thread, I really love what you're doing here. My wife and I will be starting work on our new house in a few months and I place special importance on good lighting and lighting design.

I'm not as "good" at the interior design portion, even though I am in the industry and regularly work with designers and get to see many nice interiors. Do you have any links to suppliers (retail and trade, since we technically are the latter) that we might want to look at? Any neat places to find interior parts and pieces? And are there any other forums you've come across that might feature more excellent threads like this one, especially with more of an interior design focus? Any resources you can share in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to seeing more posts about your progress....and please do let us know if you're having an open house. I'd love to fly down and see all of this in person, if you'd be willing to extend an invitation.
post #73 of 154 Old 01-21-2014, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Drew,
Thanks for the interest in this post. Sorry I did not get back to you sooner. As I mentioned I am on vacation so I have not been accessing the forums regularly. Below are my answers to your questions hope they help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew_W View Post

James,
As a long time admirer of this thread, I really love what you're doing here.
Thanks. I was not sure if anyone was interested in the interior design side of a project when I started this. Since automation is a big part of a home it is important that the interior design remains the focus and NOT the automation or equipment used. I own both Digital Studio Werks and James Anthony Interiors and to me the interior design side is as important as the automation side.
Quote:

My wife and I will be starting work on our new house in a few months and I place special importance on good lighting and lighting design. I'm not as "good" at the interior design portion, even though I am in the industry and regularly work with designers and get to see many nice interiors. Do you have any links to suppliers (retail and trade, since we technically are the latter) that we might want to look at? Any neat places to find interior parts and pieces?
We are authorized dealers for a lot of the products you see in this thread. Besides being an authorized dealer for Crestron, Kaleidescape, Digital Projections, Screen Innovation, we are authorized dealers for quite a few home furnishings/lighting companies. As far as link to suppliers I would be more than happy to share with you privately if you PM me and tell me what you are looking for (Furniture, Lighting, Fabrics, Art, Antiques, etc) since almost all are "To the Trade Only".

I have not posted any pics of the furniture purchased for the great room yet, all antiques are going into the great room, but here is a link to a VERY reputable source for high end furnishings, antiques and art. I have purchased 95% of the furnishings and art that's going into the great room. It's called 1st Dibs, www.1stdibs.com. 1st Dibs is a widely recognized and very reputable site. It's a site that is open to anyone but the dealers on it will offer to the trade pricing when purchasing.
Quote:

. . . .And are there any other forums you've come across that might feature more excellent threads like this one, especially with more of an interior design focus?
You can look at Houzz, www.houzz.com thats a great resource.
Quote:

Any resources you can share in this regard would be greatly appreciated.
I have more resources than time to type. I do have to say ALL the resources I do have are very high end and tops in their market. For example Fersa, Sherle Wagnor, and Schonbek to name a few. Again let me know what your looking for and I can guide you in the right direction.
Quote:

Looking forward to seeing more posts about your progress....and please do let us know if you're having an open house. I'd love to fly down and see all of this in person, if you'd be willing to extend an invitation.
I will be happy to extend an invitation. We will keep everyone updated as to the status of this project. We are starting up again in Mid Feb and the first pics should be in around the beginning of March.

Any questions on sourcing, links, etc let me know. I hope the above helps.
post #74 of 154 Old 01-21-2014, 10:34 PM

Liked: 13
I work for a different Crestron programming firm in LA/OC, and this could be considered "fraternizing with the enemy" ( smile.gif ), but I'd really like to see this house in person! Also, have any more shots showing the touch panels, I'd love to see more of that interface.

-Drew
post #75 of 154 Old 01-27-2014, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Drew,
Sorry it took me a while to respond, I have been on vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntp View Post

I work for a different Crestron programming firm in LA/OC, and this could be considered "fraternizing with the enemy" ( smile.gif ),
I wont hold that against you tongue.gif

Quote:

. . . .but I'd really like to see this house in person!
No problem. I will post on here when we will have the open house.

Quote:

Also, have any more shots showing the touch panels, I'd love to see more of that interface.
As far screen shots of the TP, I will look to see if I have any more I can post. I changed the TP Layout as I moved the TP's over to SmartGraphics and in doing so completely re-work the TP layout.
post #76 of 154 Old 03-17-2014, 03:24 PM

How is the project going?
post #77 of 154 Old 03-20-2014, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post

How is the project going?

So we stared order everything in Feb and things are starting to arrive. We are waiting still on the fireplace, Vision Art and EcoSmart Fireplace insert to arrive. We have actually become a dealer for EcoSmart Fire and Tartaruga. In fact for Tartaruga we will be their Southern California showroom where they can send Architects, Builders and Interior Designers. All products used in this projects, AV Equip., Lighting, Home Furnishings, etc., we are dealers for.

Now for some pics.
On the first floor there is the Foyer (Entry from the front and garage), Media Room with full bath, and Hall Closet. We have not yet done the paneling on the first floor as we have done on the 3rd but we are starting to add drapes, art and other furnishings. The reason being is I want to see how the furnishings will look with the paneling. If you notice you may see my sketches of the paneling on the wall. Once the 2nd floor is finished we are moving on to the 1st right away.

Foyer Before

Foyer After The drapes are not here yet. I am told they wont be here for another 6 to 8 weeks. Below is a table I added with vase and the drapery hardware (All brass and very heavy) including the tie back post seen half way up the wall

Drapery - Here is an image of the drapery fabric that will be covering the window in the Foyer which you see in the pics above. From Left to Right the solid gold fabric is the back lining, middle is the drape fabric itself, and right is the tassel that will be on the leading edge. Note because of the size of the window I am only doing 1 panel triple width with a tie back tassel. I do not have a pic of the tassel.

Media Room - I received an email a few months ago regarding the fact that I never address the media room and why I do not show any pics of it. The reason being is that I have done VERY little to it. I had the closet knocked out (the Media Room was originally a bedroom), ripped out the carpet, added the hardwood flooring and the drapes. I will be addressing the media room at the same time we do the Foyer. The Media Room will be done in a French 1920's art deco Using a Black, Crystal, White, Sliver and Gray color scheme with an off white paneling. I have some drawings and pics but they are not on the network yet to upload. When they are I will upload them along with pics of the lighting. I MIGHT get rid of the Crystal lamps you see in the pics. I have not decided yet.

The Media Room display is a LG 3D 65" Plasma that's feed from a Crestron DM system over fiber. Sources dedicated to the Media Room are a Kaleidescape Player (Movies & Music) and a Tivo. Source that are available to the Media Room are a Mac Mini, Wii, AppleTV, Crestron CEN-Track w/ Sirius, Internet Radio & AM/FM. The black credenza you see does not contain any AV equipment. It holds brochures, samples, sales literature, etc.

Here is the media room as it stands.

Art Work - All the art in the house, except for 2 peices, is done by myself. I have taken all the pictures and done all the custom framing. When we do a clients home we have over 25K photos that I have taken over the years that the client can choose from. Most of the time I just give them a few choices. At any rate once a photo is used we retire it and it's never used again. We tell our clients that they will have an original that no one else has. Below are a few photos that I have taken that are being used in our showroom. Note that ALL photos have NOT been Photoshop'd. I never Photoshop any of my photos.

A couple of antiques
A painting of St Bede The Venerable - Oil on Wood - 1650. Artist Unknown

1925 Art Deco Clock from Germany - My dad brought this clock back to the US after a trip to Germany in the 1950's

Moving forward
I am hoping to have some pics of the Great Room in a few weeks. Currently I do not have that many pics. I have a few but I'd rather wait until I have a few more. That's all for now. I'm just sitting and waiting for stuff to arrive. It's all been ordered and paid for and as Tom Petty says "The waiting is the hardest part"
post #78 of 154 Old 03-22-2014, 03:39 PM

Thanks for the update it looks like it is coming on very well. Do you have any pics of the av gear and racks, or have you not yet got to that part of the project?
post #79 of 154 Old 03-24-2014, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post

Thanks for the update it looks like it is coming on very well. Do you have any pics of the av gear and racks, or have you not yet got to that part of the project?

Here are some pics of the current rack. It will be changed in a few week. We will be using the MA SRSR-4-14.

Current Rack - What you see - Crestron Pro2 (Av Control Only), Crestron CEN-Track with the following cards Sirius, Internet Radio (Including Pandora, Sirius, Librivox, and 1,000's of internet radio stations) & AM/FM, Crestron DM 8x8, NeoThings Audio Matrix (Will be removing soon replacing with Crestron Sonnex), Tivo, Kaleidescape System (1U Server w/ 4 4TB drives, M700 and 2 M300 Players.

What you do not see - Crestron MC3 (Environment Control Only, Lighting (Indoor and Landscape), Climate, Shades, Security and the Event Scheduler), Denon & Pioneer Receivers (Media Room and Great Room) Both of these will be replaced with the Crestron HD-XPA one for the Media Room and one for the Great Room, Tivo Minis (Great Room, Office, Master BR)Wii, Apple TV, Power distribution, HP Switch and Crestron POE switch.

Here are some TP (iPad) Images show control.
Main Menu Selection

Climate

Internet Audio

Pandora

Lighting Main Menu Selection

Great Room Lighting

Event Scheduler

Weather Current

Weather Hourly

Weather Daily

Weather Day Forecast

Any questions let me know.
post #80 of 154 Old 03-27-2014, 11:55 AM

Thanks for all the photos, looks very good so far.
post #81 of 154 Old 03-28-2014, 10:36 AM

Liked: 11
Wow....

and my contractor was stymied by the $4000 in hardware for my RadioRA 2 system. tongue.gif

BTW, what does one do with a 20,000 sqft house? It simply boggles my mind.
post #82 of 154 Old 03-31-2014, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter

The fire place mantel is complete, crated and is being shipped this week. Below are the pics, very low resolution, of the actual mantel which is done in a honed Jerusalem Gold. I did ask for higher resolution pics but was told it's already crated. I have also attached a pic of the Vision Art which will go above the fire place and conceal the Plasma display. Here is what I am being told about the Fireplace Mantel shipment.
Quote:
YOU WILL REQUIRE UPON DELIVERY:
1. Adequate space for a 53 foot tractor trailer.
2. A forklift for off-loading shipment.
3. Personnel available for off-loading and dismantling crates for inspection. The order is in two crates strapped to a single skid with a total weight of 743lbs. The crates can be separated from the skid and carried in by two strong individuals, if you do not have a forklift on site

Mantal

Vision Art
CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), default quality

That's all for now. I will take more pics in the next few weeks as items start to arrive and we start the installation..
post #83 of 154 Old 03-31-2014, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post

. . . .BTW, what does one do with a 20,000 sqft house? It simply boggles my mind.
First the house is in 4 levels, approx 5K sq. ft each level. The first level is sub and will handle parking, storage, etc. The first floor will have the following formal rooms, dining, drawing, ball, library, and theater. The second floor will have all the guest suites. The third floor will be our personal residence a complete 5k sq. ft apartment. The third floor is where we will actually reside.

To answer your questions
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post

. . . . what does one do with a 20,000 sqft house? It simply boggles my mind.
The first reason is the entertaining we do through out the year. We can easily have 200+ family and guests at the various events we have. Second, we are looking to run it as a Luxury B&B when we retire. We, my wife and I, can never see us competently retiring and not working (by the way we are not close to retirement at all. My wife is 35 and Im 40) . We have done our research and can get about $500 - $1500 per night depending on the season.
post #84 of 154 Old 03-31-2014, 01:57 PM

Liked: 11
$500 a night in the off season sure isn't bad. I might consider spending that per a night for a romantic get away at a swanky b&b.
post #85 of 154 Old 04-02-2014, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks for sharing, James. Looks incredible.

post #86 of 154 Old 04-10-2014, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

Just a small update. The fireplace mantel has arrived. Below is a pic of the crates. Everything has arrived with the exception of the MA racks. Those should come next week.

We are starting actual construction on April 28th. I will post before pics, during pics and of course after pics.

In the mean time any questions let me know.

post #87 of 154 Old 04-28-2014, 08:29 AM - Thread Starter

Weekend Work.
This weekend I move all the Automation & AV gear out of the existing rack and in to the MA SRSR-4-14.

Today we are starting the fireplace build. I have posted a before pic and will add construction pics as I take them. The MA SRSR-4-14 racks will be house in a custom cabinets that will be built after the fireplace is completed.

Before Pic - This is how it looked. The Credenza rack has been removed, the Display will be removed today before framing starts. The Credenza Rack and MacPro you see in the pic above along with a NeoThings, Denon Receiver and other misc. equipment you do not see will be sold.

All equipment has been moved to the MA SRSR-4-14 racks which you will see below. Each rack is 14U's and is temporarily sitting on carpet pads so it does not scratch the Travertine. There is some equipment that you do not see as I have hidden in the rack. You do not see the Mac Mini (1), the Tivo Mini's (3), HP (1) and Crestron POE (1) Switches. The Pioneer Elite receiver, Belikin PDU and the Crestron Pro2 you see are temporary and will be replaced when we mount the racks in the cabinet. The Pro2 will be replaced with another MC3 and the Pioneer Elite Receiver will be replaced with the Crestron HD-XSPA. In eliminating the Pioneer Elite receiver I will regain 3U's which I desperately need as the Crestron SWAMP-24x8 requires 4U's and I need to gain 1 more U.

Enjoy for now. I will have more pics later this evening or tomorrow morning. Any questions just ask.
post #88 of 154 Old 04-29-2014, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter

Framing & Rack Solution

As you can see framing has started. The wiring you see is temporary. I will be cleaning it up in a day or so.

Yesterday I said I needed to reclaim some rack U's. The Pioneer Elite and Kaleidescape Vault take up 10U's alone. So after some thinking and a little more planning I have come up with the following.

1) Replace the Pioneer Elite Receiver (Great Room) with the Crestron HD-XPA. I mentioned this yesterday and I would get a net of 3 U's.

2) Remove the Kaleidescape Disc Vault (M700) and replace it with the Kaleidescape DV700. Move the new Kaleidescape DV700 into our print closet. We have a walk-in closet in our office that houses our printers, fax machines, scanners and copier. I will place the Kaleidescape DV700 in the same closet since all it needs is an ethernet drop. The Kaleidescape DV700 is NOT a player, it just imports CD's, DVD's and Blu-Rays. It also stores Blu-Rays. Moving the Kaleidescape DV700 to the print closet I reclaim 5u's now I have a total of 8U's reclaimed.

3) Replace the Pro2 with another Crestron MC3. I will have a custom face plate made that will have both MC3's sitting side by side on the same shelf. I now reclaim 2U's and not give up any when I add the second MC3 by sharing a rack shelf. I now have reclaimed 10U's net.

4) Replace the Belkin PDU with the WTI NPS-8HS20. They are both 1U's so no net gain. Total reclaimed U's are at 10U's

4 Replace the WTI IPS-1600-D20 with the WTI NPS-8HS20. The WTI IPS-1600-D20 sits in the rack where you see the Pioneer Elite Receiver. You do not see it since it's in the back. By doing this I will reclaim another U. So now I have a total of 11U's. Almost a whole rack.

All this now gives me room for the following

1) Add the Crestron SWAMP-24x8. This is 4 U's. This leaves me 7U's

2) Add a second Crestron HD-XPA for the Media Room. This is 2U's and leaves me 5U's

3) Add a Kaleidescape M500 Player. This will allow us to import CD's, DVD's, and Blu-Rays right from the rack with out having to use the Kaleidescape DV700. This is 1U and now I have 4U's left.

With 4U's left it gives me a little wiggle room for additions of new gear in the future.

That's all for now. Any questions just ask.
post #89 of 154 Old 04-30-2014, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter

Framing is complete.

Framing is complete and drywall will be hung around the exterior today. Tomorrow we are suppose start the masonry and stone work.

post #90 of 154 Old 05-01-2014, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter

Drywall Complete. Today we start Masonry.

Drywall is complete we will actually paint on Tuesday or Wednesday. Masonry starts today. We will be doing a Herringbone pattern with reclaimed bricks. The actual fireplace mantel will not be installed until Monday or Tuesday. After the mantel is installed we will paint and once the entire fireplace is finished we will have the Travertine flooring polished and cleaned. I am hoping to have all the contractors out by Thursday so I can bring in the furniture.

Display, Vision Art and Cabinetry.
I have not mentioned this in my previous posts but our cabinet maker disappeared back in February. He literately disappeared. No one can find him or get a hold of him and no one has seen him. Due to the nature of the cabinetry it hard to find an actual carpenter who can do the work required. I finally found someone who can handle the job. They will be out in about 2 weeks once everything is complete.

After the cabinetry I will re-install the display and the Vision Art and we should be finished. Once finished on to the next project, Kitchen and Media Room.

Below are the pics of the current status.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Automation

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page