AVS Forum banner

My Whole House Crestron Automation

37K views 153 replies 30 participants last post by  GoGo Delicious 
#1 ·
Back in 2009 I started a thread that showed the installation of my Crestron Fiber DM system . In 2010 I posted in that thread I was upgrading to the DM 32x32. Well I never actually did that upgrade for a two reason. One, we decided to build a new house (20,000 sq.ft.) up in the local mountains and two, while the house is being built we needed to buy a townhouse here in Orange County to live in while our house is being built, also a place to stay when we visit OC and to use as a showroom. We do not have a stand-alone showroom. We use our house.

Fast forward to Summer of 2011, July to be exact, and we purchase the townhouse in OC which will be finished in October of 2011. We move-in in October of 2011 and we do some small renovations but due to holidays being right around the corner we plan the majority of the renovations to take place between January and June of 2012.

Before I start on the whole house Crestron upgrade thread let me explain my company to those who have not read the previous thread or who do not know who I am, since I am not a frequent poster on AVS. I own Digital Studio Werks (DSW) an Electronic Systems Architect firm that designs, engineers, installs and programs AV systems, lighting, HVAC, security and environment using Crestron exclusively for automation. Some of the other brands we carry are Kaleidescape, Digital Projections, Middle Atlantic, etc.

Besides owning DSW I also own an interior design firm that specializes in luxury interiors and just as DSW uses Crestron exclusively for automation my interior design firm uses Clive Christian exclusively. When we take on a job we do the interior design, lighting design, AV systems design and the Crestron integration. As I mentioned in the first paragraph, we use the townhouse as our showroom that shows how we integrate Clive Christian interiors with AV, lighting and automation. The townhouse will also be featured in an Architectural publication that I cannot mention by name yet. The publication will focus on the interior design and how traditional interior design integrates with modern technology.

Currently we renovating a brand new townhouse (6 months old) from top to bottom, it’s 3 stories and includes the following;

Master Bedroom & Bath

Office

Media Room

Great Room

Kitchen

4 Bathrooms

The office and media room were actually bedrooms each with their own full bathroom. We gutted the bedroom on the 1st floor and created a media room. The bedroom on the 3rd fl. is currently being gutted and renovated and will be the office. Both rooms have or will retain their full baths.

Now, on with the show.

We will be doing a complete residential remodel and automation project. Although we currently have the entire AV system up and running we will be doing a complete overhaul & upgrade of the Crestron system. This includes upgrading our DM system, adding a Crestron SONNEX whole house audio system, upgrading the control processor and all the touch panels. Before we start on the whole house AV system, we are starting with the “Environmental” part of the automation system. This will include Lighting, Shades, Drapes and HVAC.

We will start with replacing the electrical panel to a larger panel and adding additional circuits to support lighting, AV and other equipment. This is starting today and I will post pictures later this evening or tomorrow.

To start out I have listed the Crestron lighting equipment along with the lighting fixtures below. This will give you an idea of what we are doing.

Whole House Lighting – We are installing a Crestron centralized lighting system using Crestron CAEN enclosures and CLX Lighting Modules. Below is the initial list of Crestron Lighting equipment that we will be using.

1) Crestron CAEN 7x2 Automation Enclosures . Qty.1
2) Crestron CAEN 4x1 Automation Enclosure . Qty. 1
3) Crestron CLX-2DIM8 – Dual Feed, 8 Channel Dimmer. Qty. 2
4) Crestron CLT-2DIM8 – Terminal Block for LCX-2DIM8. Qty. 2
5) Crestron CLX-1DELV4 – 4 Channel Electronic LV Dimmer Qty. 2
6) Crestron CLT-1DELV4 – Terminal Block for CLX-1DELV4. Qty. 2
7) Crestron MC3 - 3 Series Automation Processor
8) Crestron CLX-PWS75 – Cresnet Power Supply module
9) Crestron 3 GLS-ODT-C-2000 - Crestron Green Light Dual-Technology Ceiling Mount Occupancy Sensor Qty. 4
10) Crestron GLS-LOL - Crestron Green Light Photocell, Open-Loop Qty. 4
11) Crestron GLS-SIM - Crestron Green Light Sensor Integration Module. Qty. 4
12) Crestron CAEN-BLOCK - Cresnet Terminal Block for CAEN Automation Enclosures. Qty. 1

All the Crestron equipment above is dedicated to lighting. The MC3 on line 7 above will also be used to control HVAC, Shades and Drapes throughout the house via Cresnet.

Here links to the lighting below.
1 - RSA Lighting
RSA – CM Series Lighting - We will be using CM1W's and CM3W's in White. The model numbers are highlighted in the PDF.

2 - Schonbek Lighting
Tiara 9803 in French Lace - Master Bedroom
Bagatelle 1243 in Antique Silver- Powder Room
Plaza 6692 - Office & Media Room
Quantum 2224 - Master Bath, Office Bath, Media Room Bath (This may change. The Office & Media Room bath will more than likely get a different chandelier.)
Quantum 22620 - Dining Room

3) Elco Lighting
Elco – EL2699R - 3” LV Halogen Lighting
Elco – EL2621/CN - 3” Low Voltage Die-cast Adjustable Reflector. Clear Reflector/Nickel Ring

Lighting Fixtures, Shade and Drapes
Zone 1 – Master Bedroom and Master Bath (3rd Floor)

Master Bedroom
Shades – Crestron Dual shade system 10% and Blackout.
Lighting

1) Elco – EL2699R 3” LV Halogen Lighting. Qty. 4

2) Elco – EL2621/CN - 3” Low Voltage Die-cast Adjustable Reflector. Clear Reflector/Nickel Ring. Qty. 1

3) RSA – CM1W - 1Light MR-16 Adjustable Recessed Mini Combo Light/White. Qty. 3

4) RSA – CM3W - 3Light MR-16 Adjustable Recessed Mini Combo Light/White. Qty. 2

5) Schonbek – Tiara 9803 in French Lace. Qty. 1

Master Bath
Shades – Single Blackout Crestron shade.

Lighting

1) Elco – EL2699R 3” LV Halogen Lighting. Qty. 1

2) Elco – EL2621/CN - 3” Low Voltage Die-cast Adjustable Reflector. Clear Reflector/Nickel Ring Qty. 1

3) Schonbek – Quantum 2224. Qty.1

Zone 2 - Office & Office Bathroom (3rd Floor)
Office
Shade – Single 10% Crestron shade
Lighting

2) Elco – EL2621/CN - 3” Low Voltage Die-cast Adjustable Reflector. Clear Reflector/Nickel Ring. Qty. 1

3) RSA – CM3W - 3Light MR-16 Adjustable Recessed Mini Combo Light/White. Qty. 2

4) Schonbek – Plaza 6692

Office Bathroom
Shade - Single 10% Crestron shade
Lighting

2) Elco – EL2621/CN - 3” Low Voltage Die-cast Adjustable Reflector. Clear Reflector/Nickel Ring Qty. 1

3) Schonbek – Quantum 2230. Qty.1

Zone 3 - 3rd Floor Hall and Stairs (3rd Floor)
3rd Floor Hall

1) Elco – EL2699R 3” LV Halogen Lighting. Qty. 2

2) Elco – EL2621/CN - 3” Low Voltage Die-cast Adjustable Reflector. Clear Reflector/Nickel Ring Qty. 2

3) RSA – CM3W - 3Light MR-16 Adjustable Recessed Mini Combo Light/White. Qty. 2

3rd Floor Stairs (30 Ft. Ceiling)

1) Aladdin Chandelier Lift. Qty. 1 (To be controlled by Crestron)

2) GoldenAge Lighting – GoldenAge 997021 Crystal Chandelier.

Zone 4 – 2nd Floor Great Room
Shades - Crestron Dual shade system 10% and Blackout
Lighting

1) Elco – EL2699R 3” LV Halogen Lighting. Qty. 6

2) Elco – EL2621/CN - 3” Low Voltage Die-cast Adjustable Reflector. Clear Reflector/Nickel Ring Qty. 6

3) RSA – CM1W - 1Light MR-16 Adjustable Recessed Mini Combo Light/White. Qty. 6

4) RSA – CM3W - 3Light MR-16 Adjustable Recessed Mini Combo Light/White. Qty. 1

5) Schonbek Chandelier – TBD

Zone 5 – 2nd Floor Powder Room (Already gutted and remodeled just need to add audio. Will add pics today or tomorrow)
Shades – Dual Shade System Custom Roman and a 10% shade.
Lighting

1) Schonbek Chandelier – Bagatelle 1243 Pendant Chandelier

Zone 6 – 1st Floor Stairs
Shades – Crestron 10% shade.
Lighting

1) Elco – EL2699R 3” LV Halogen Lighting. Qty. 3

2) Elco – EL2621/CN - 3” Low Voltage Die-cast Adjustable Reflector. Clear Reflector/Nickel Ring Qty. 3

Zone 7 – 1st Floor Hall & Foyer
Shades – None
Lighting

1) Elco – EL2699R 3” LV Halogen Lighting. Qty. 2

2) Elco – EL2621/CN - 3” Low Voltage Die-cast Adjustable Reflector. Clear Reflector/Nickel Ring Qty. 2

Zone 8 – Media Room
Shades - Crestron Dual shade system 10% and Blackout
Lighting

2) Elco – EL2621/CN - 3” Low Voltage Die-cast Adjustable Reflector. Clear Reflector/Nickel Ring Qty. 4

3) RSA – CM1W - 1Light MR-16 Adjustable Recessed Mini Combo Light/White. Qty. 2

4) RSA – CM3W - 3Light MR-16 Adjustable Recessed Mini Combo Light/White. Qty. 2

5) Schonbek Chandelier– Plaza 6692

Zone 9 – Media Room Bathroom
Shades - None
Lighting

3) Schonbek Chandelier– Quantum 2224

All environmental systems as well as AV & Security will be controlled by the following touch panels with the exception of Zone 5 the 2nd floor powder room and Zone 9, the Media Room Bathroom. Those 2 zones will be controlled by Crestron infiNet EX wireless switches with the light wiring tied back to the CANE enclosure.

1) Crestron TPMC-4SMD – 4.3 Touch Panel with integrated IP Intercom. Qty. 6

2) Crestron TPMC-3SMD – 2.8” Designer Touch Screen. Qty. 2

3) Crestron TPMC-6X – 5.7” Wireless Touch Screen. Qty.4

4) Crestron V24R-C – 24” HD Touch Screen Display. Qty. 1 (Will be going in kitchen and used as a Display and a Touch Panel.)

5) Crestron DGE-2 – Digital Graphics Engine for V24R-C Touch Panel in #15 above. Qty. 1

6) Apple iPad Qty.3

7) Apple iPhone Qty. 1

The above is the “Environmental” part of the automation system.

As I mentioned above, besides owning DSW I also own an interior design firm where we specialize in Clive Christian interiors. As such I will be doing the entire lighting and interior design.

As we progress with the environmental part of the system I will post pictures and give progress updates.

Any questions feel free to ask.

See less See more
Reactions: maddbomber83
#2 ·
Reserved For Pics.

Powder Room - This room is about 90% done. I need to add the occupancy sensor, music (actually whole house audio will start to be added in about 3 weeks), and move the lighting to the Crestron panel in a week or 2. Below are the pics of the lighting, shades and Crestron infiNet ex switches.

Lighting - Bagatelle 1243 in Antique Silver

Lighting Image #1

Lighting Image #2

Crestron infiNet Switches - When the light switch is pressed the lights go on, the fan turns on and the shade goes down. When you turn the lights off the shade goes up and the fan has a 30 sec delay before shutting off. You will also see buttons for the fan and shades for independent operation.

Automated Roman Shade

Updated 03/22/12

Here are a couple of images of the electrical panel and framing for the Crestron CAEN 7x1 . I decided to go from a 7x2 to a 7x1 because I didn't need the extra room. The Crestron CAEN 7x1 will be sitting in the open bay in the center of the framing. As far as the electrical panel goes the one shown will be replaced with a much larger capacity panel both in size and amps.

Electrical Panel and wall before framing for Crestron CAEN 7x1

Electrical Panel and wall after framing for Crestron CAEN 7x1

More to come

#3 ·
Wow, James. Very tasteful decor.

Do you have a lighting rep helping with the spec'ing?

Why no LEDs? Want higher quality light? Easier to control?

#4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad /forum/post/21810905

Wow, James. Very tasteful decor.

Thank you. I appreciate that.

Quote:

Do you have a lighting rep helping with the spec'ing?

No I do not. I design all the lighting placement and select all the lighting fixtures. My lighting rep. does send me information and updates on new lighting fixtures coming out and I have tested some LED's but I never get the lighting I require out of LED's

Quote:

Why no LEDs? Want higher quality light? Easier to control?

I do not like the color of LED's. A bit on the light decision. I collect fine Italian, English and Spanish art between 14th & 18th century. As such I am using the RSA CM1W's and CM3W's as art lighting and some wall wash lighting. The LED's do not cut it for me in this aspect.

As a far as control goes I like the way the halogen lighting ramps up and down.

Hopes that answers your questions.

#5 ·
Yes, thanks James. I understand about the color quality of LEDs.

#7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd54321 /forum/post/21820442

Wow!

Yeah, now we know who hit that large Powerball a few years ago...

GoGo, it is a very impressive setup but I'm assuming that there is very limited clientele that have the funds necessary for this level of installation. Keep the pics and descriptions coming though, just try to watch out for the drool of lowly AVS posters.

#8 ·
I really like that idea for flush mounting a new enclosure - just put the new framing over the existing drywall.

Edit - just noticed it's painted concrete. But nevertheless, I'll keep that idea tucked away, for the garage.

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad /forum/post/21827003

I really like that idea for flush mounting a new enclosure - just put the new framing over the existing drywall.

Edit - just noticed it's painted concrete. But nevertheless, I'll keep that idea tucked away, for the garage.

It is actually on drywall. The concrete goes up about 6" then the rest is drywall. So you are correct in saying "just put the new framing over the existing drywall." You can actually see where the concrete meets the drywall.

The Crestron CAEN will sit flush and even with the new electrical panel. When the Crestron CAEN is installed and all the drywall is complete than it will look like one wall.

#10 ·
Added links for Elco lighting that were missing in original post.

Elco – EL2699R - 3” LV Halogen Lighting
Elco – EL2621/CN - 3” Low Voltage Die-cast Adjustable Reflector. Clear Reflector/Nickel Ring

#11 ·
In regards to the garage floor and the 6" side concrete in the image below

I will be doing a Pebble Epoxy flooring that looks like the image below.

#12 ·
Here are some pics of work done today. My electrician ran all the tubing and and pulled most of the wiring.

Below is a shot of the tubing running down a soffit. Note that this was taken before it was complete all tubing is running straight down and is not curved as shown in the pic.

Below is a pic of the smurf with wiring pulled. This will eventually terminate in side the Crestron CAEN lighting cabinet.

Crestron Shipping Delay - I was suppose to receive the entire Crestron shipment tomorrow but there was a slight mix up. I will have it on Thursday and the Crestron CAEN lighting panel is scheduled to be installed and wired on Friday. In the right of the pic you can see the new electrical panel (boxed) which is scheduled to be installed on Friday also.

#13 ·
Update

Crestron CAEN installed waiting to be wired.

1 of the 6, TPMC-4SMD installed. I need to get power (POE) to it which I will do over the weekend. Not only will the TPMC-4SMD handle lighting, climate, shade/drapes, AV, security, etc we will be using them as part of a whole house intercom system

2 of the lighting modules installed and wired. Notice the wires looped at the top, those are for the fist and second floor. The lighting modules shown in the picture here and the one below are for the 3rd floor only. Below the lighting modules is the Cresnet power supply

Close up of the 2 lighting modules. These 2 modules will handle the lighting on the third floor. I need to add 4 more modules, 2 for the second floor and 2 for the first floor. Again, below the lighting modules is the Cresnet power supply

Close up of the electrical panel powering the Crestron lighting panel.

Crestron CAEN with cover on.

#14 ·
Very neat job of wiring. Do you always use DIN terminal blocks? Did you wire it yourself? What brand TB?

Forgive the noob Q, but how are the KPs wired to the lighting control modules?

#15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad /forum/post/21850031

Very neat job of wiring.

Thanks. We will be photographing it for publication so the wiring job as to very clean

Quote:

Do you always use DIN terminal blocks?

Those are not DIN Rail terminal blocks. What you think are DIN Rail Blocks are the Crestron CLT-2DIM8 and the Crestron CLT-1DELV4 . Here is an example of a Crestron DIN Rail product .

Quote:

Did you wire it yourself?

No, I am not licensed electrician but I did actually tell them how I wanted it wired, tied down, etc. You can say I "assisted".

Quote:

What brand TB?

What do you mean by TB?

Quote:

Forgive the noob Q, but how are the KPs wired to the lighting control modules?

KP's? I am guessing you mean Control Processor (CP)? At the bottom of the lighting cabinet you see the Cresnet Power Supply, I will run a single Cresnet cable from the CP to the Cresnet Power Supply. The Cresnet Power Supply is connected via 4 pin ribbon connection to the first module and then each module is connected to the other in the same fashion.

#16 ·
Thanks, James.

TB, terminal block. KP, lighting keypad. I guess all the lighting KPs are also on a 4-wire Cresnet bus.

Not many people retrofit centralized lighting systems. Down to studs, upstairs?

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad /forum/post/21850657

TB, terminal block.

The terminal blocks are Crestron CLT-2DIM8 and CLT-1DELV4

Quote:

KP, lighting keypad. I guess all the lighting KPs are also on a 4-wire Cresnet bus.

Currently we are running a mix of Crestron infiNet and infiNet EX wireless switches and keypads. i will be getting rid of almost all the switches and keypads replacing them with the TPMC-4SMD .

Quote:

Not many people retrofit centralized lighting systems. Down to studs, upstairs?

Yes. A side from the powder room in the second floor which was done first, we are working from the top floor, which is the 3rd floor, down to the first. Currently the all the wiring for the lighting, av (fiber), shade & drapes (Cresnet) and whole house audio is complete on the third floor.

Currently we are waiting for the lighting fixtures for the entire third floor to arrive before we can go a head on the final lighting installation and finish up. See my original post for lighting details for the 3rd floor. Zones 1 - 3 cover the entire 3rd floor as far as lighting goes.

Next week we are starting on the flooring on the 3rd floor which will take all of next week. We will start the interior design, paneling, wallpaper on April 16th and that is scheduled to take to weeks. I am pushing to make sure we have all the lighting fixtures the week of April 9th and installed by the 16th. Furniture has started to arrive and we should have all the furniture for the master bedroom by April 23rd and will be putting the furniture in on Friday and Sat April 27th & 28th.

The entire 3rd floor should be done by of April 28. From the 3rd floor we will move down to the second floor which includes, the great room, kitchen, powder room (already done see images above), and laundry room. This will take about 6 months to complete as the renovation on the 2nd floor will be the most extensive and DETAILED in the whole house. This is also the floor that houses the AV racks with all the Crestron euipment, with the exception of the lighting panel. We will be going through and updating all the Crestron equipment adding new equipment and replacing older equipment. As we get closer to the completion of the 3rd floor I will start posting details along with pics of what we will be doing and what equipment we will be add, replacing, using, etc on the second floor.

#18 ·
Looks like a great start. I really like the newer keypads from Crestron. However, I wonder why they didn't make the TPMC-4SMD flush-mountable?

CJ

#20 ·
Here is an update and what I have done over the past week.

Added and wired the CLX-PWS75 using Cresnet to the CAEN-BLOCK . Also ran Cresnet from the CAEN-BLOCK to the C2N-HBLOCK thats currently connected to a Pro2. I still have to wire the "Over Rides" on the CAEN-BLOCK.

As far as the TPMC-4SMD's not flush mount on the wall, it's really not an issue as it does not stick out that far. It looks worse in the pics above than it actually is.

Today the drywall people are here and will be finished tomorrow. Paint is on Sat. along with flooring for the entire 3rd floor.

Some of the lighting fixtures have started to arrive but we are waiting on a majority of them. We are hoping to start installing lighting on the 16th.

#21 ·
Update

Sorry I have not posted updates but last week was a VERY BUSY week. I had 5 different contractors in all at the same time getting work done to prepare for the Master Bedroom paneling and Office bookcase/paneling installation. More about that towards the bottom of this post.

I also found out there is a collapsed air duct somewhere between the 1st and 2nd floor and they will have open up the walls to try and find it. It was discovered because I kept complaining that the 1st floor does not get heat or ac. They have been trying to figure it out now for a while and came to the conclusion that there is a collapsed air duct somewhere between the 1st and 2nd floor. This is covered under the home warranty so they will be covering all the costs to repair including all finishing costs. I am glad they discovered this before we started paneling the 2nd and 1st floor. See pics below of Great Room and Dining Room paneling.

As far as the lighting panel goes it is complete and we are waiting on the lighting, RSA and Schonbek. The lighting is actually manuf. as ordered so it does take a while. I am told the Schonbek will be in around the 18th and the RSA the first week of May.

Below is the image of the Crestron CAEN 7x1 lighting panel and drywall complete.

Here is where we stand.
1) 3rd Floor Renovation.
A) Master Bedroom
Lighting - Again waiting on RSA and Schonbek to come in.
Touch Panel - TPMP-4SMD installed.
A/V & Shades - All cables are ran, Cresnet for shades, Fiber for the display (Running off a DM system) and 16/4 for in-wall and in-ceiling speakers. Display and all speakers will be installed after paneling. we will be installing Crestron Shades and those will not be available until June.
Flooring - Completed over this past weekend
Paneling - Starts on Monday the 16th and expected to take 2weeks.
Master Closet - will be submitting plans to Clive Christian within 2 weeks.
Crestron Programming - Done, with the exception of the shades.
B) Master Bath
Wallpaper - Has been selected and are waiting for it to come in about 4-6 weeks we are told.
Lighting - Schonbek Quantum 2224 again around the 18th of April
Fixtures - 2weeks
New doors - Will be installed next week when Master Bedroom is paneled
Crestron Touch Panel - TPMC-4SMD will be installed after Master Bedroom paneling is done.
A/V & Shades - All cables are ran, Cresnet for shades, Fiber for the display (Running of a DM system) and 16/2 for in-wall and in-ceiling speakers. Display and all speakers will be installed after paneling in Master Bedroom. We will be installing Crestron Shades in the Master Bath and those will not be available until June.
C) Office
Lighting - The Elco lighting has been installed. We are waiting on RSA and Schonbek to come in.
Touch Panel - TPMP-4SMD will be installed after cabinetry and paneling is installed.
A/V & Shades - All cables are ran, Cresnet for shades, Fiber for the display in the office (Running off a DM system) and 16/4 for in-wall and in-ceiling speakers. Display and all speakers will be installed after paneling. We will be installing Crestron Shades in the office and those will not be available until June.
Flooring - Completed over this past weekend
Paneling and Custom Cabinetry - Currently being made no real ETA on an install date.
B) Office Bath
Wallpaper - Has been selected and are waiting for it to come in about 8 weeks we are told.
Lighting - Schonbek Quantum 2224 again around the 18th of April
Fixtures - Still selecting
New doors - Will be installed when Office is paneled
Crestron Touch Panel - TPMC-4SMD will be installed after Office paneling is done.
A/V & Shades - All cables are ran, Cresnet for shades, Fiber for the display (Running of a DM system) and 16/2 for in-wall and in-ceiling speakers. Display and all speakers will be installed after paneling in Office. We will be installing Crestron Shades in the Office Bath and those will not be available until June.
What's next after the 3rd floor renovation? Why the 2nd floor of course. We, my architect and I, are working on the plans, in fact he will be by this evening to go over and finalize them. Once the plans are finalized I will be submitting them to Clive Christian to order the paneling and furniture. This will start in June and HOPEFULLY be finished by late August/Mid-September.

While the paneling and furniture is being made at Clive Christian, we will be getting into the AV and Crestron system replacing older equipment, updating the DM system, and adding new equipment such as a DVPHD and a Sonnex for whole house audio. At this point we will also run the rest of the cabling for whole house audio, video, shades, lighting, etc.

Questions - I have received quite a few emails and believe it or not 2 phone calls in regards to this project. I thought I would post s few of the questions people have been emailing me.

Q: Why are you doing this?
A: I own several companies that deal in one way or another luxury interiors. One of them is my interior architecture firm and the other is Digital Studio Werks. When I do interior design I always incorporate Automation, Audio, Video, Environment and Security. Since we do not have a showroom I use my various residences as showrooms to show how I specialize in the marriage of innovative technology and refined interiors.

Q: Who is doing the interior design?
A: I am doing all the interior design. As I have mentioned above I also own an interior architecture firm.

Q: Is this a new house?
A: Yes it is. We purchased it in July. Construction was completed in the beginning of October and we moved in at the end of October.

Q: Why don't you discuss/show the other house you are building? Can we see pics of the other house? Are you going to/When will you start a separate thread for the other house?
A: The other house we are building will actually be our private residence. As I have stated previously, we use our various homes as showrooms. The house we are building will just be for the 2 of us and we will not be using it as a showroom nor opening it up to publication, photographs, etc.

Q: I really like/love/adore the powder room. Can you post more pics of the rooms in your house?
A: I actually got quite a few requests of this type. I have never really posted interior pics of any of my house for various reasons. As far as pics of this house, this house is not finished. The powder room is the most complete room and it's still not 100% complete. All the other rooms are in the midst of being renovated and the others I wont show until they are done. What I have done is posted pics below that will give you and idea of what the room will look like when complete. As the rooms are completed I will post pics.

If you have any question please post them here so everyone can see them and my responses.

Pics - Below are pics of what the various rooms will look like.

Master Bedroom - Wall paneling, window treatments and moldings. Furnishings, flooring and the chandelier will be different.

Master Closet - The master closet will look identical to this with the exception of the wood flooring. As mentioned above the flooring was installed over the weekend and it is different then what is pictured. This is a Clive Christian closet and in my interior design projects I only use Clive Christian.

Office - The office will look exactly like the room below with the exception of furnishings, flooring and lighting. There are 2 pics one to show the full height book cases and the other to show the smaller book cabinets. We will be using 100% solid walnut. No veneers. Also, sorry for pic #2 being blurry but you get the idea. I will take a better one and post it

Full-wall book case and paneling.

Book Cabinets.

Great Room and Dining Room - Again this is Clive and the Great Room and Dinning Room will look very similar to the image below with the exception of the flooring. It will be entirely Travertine.

Media Room - Media room will similar to this with some slight modifications.

So for those who asked for pics of the interior there you go. I will post more pics showing the actual work being done as well as before and after pics. Again, any questions please ask/post them in this thread.

#22 ·
I forgot to add that I am replacing several outlets throughout the house with the following USB outlets.

#23 ·
I'm sorry that with all of the impressive decor you've shown, I have a question about the outlets.

Brand?

Did you consider Trufig?

Oh, and have you planned for a discrete counter or other area to be used as a charging station?

We're doing a little remodeling ourselves.

#24 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad /forum/post/21900358

I'm sorry that with all of the impressive decor you've shown, I have a question about the outlets.

No problem, after all this is AVS and not Architectural Digest Forum. I did debate about putting up images but the more emails I received I decided to do it. I should have stated at the top of the post that it was a bit "off topic".

Quote:

Brand?
Newer Technology

Quote:

Did you consider Trufig?

I did and we will be installing those also.

Quote:

Oh, and have you planned for a discrete counter or other area to be used as a charging station?

I do not use nor do I have a cell phone, I got rid of it last June. These are mainly for my wife's phone, 1 iPhone and 1 Blackberry. I am putting two in the Master Bedroom, one in her office, and one in the kitchen, great room, and media room. Our iPads get charged using the Crestron iPad docking stands and in-wall iPad docs.

Quote:

We're doing a little remodeling ourselves.

Let see some pics!

#25 ·
Thank you for the pictures. The interiors are absolutely amazing.. and you're not finished! Why did you decide to go with a white interior in the media room?

CJ

#26 ·
Sorry I have not posted the status of this project for a while. I actually forgot that I started this thread. I received an email asking about the project and if there are any new posts and that reminded me of the thread.

Well the master bedroom is about 90% complete. I am waiting for window treatments and shades. I have started acquiring the art for the room but have not hung it yet (waiting for appraisals to come back and insurance).

Master Bedroom Flooring and Paneling Completed

You can see the Crestron TPMC-4SMD touch panel. Notice no light switches. At this stage the lighting was not installed yet.

Master Bedroom Lighting Installed

Elco 3" Halogens with Nickel Trim and Stainless Steel Baffle, The Chandelier is a Schonbek Tiara 9801 and the Art lighting is RSA CM1W's

In-celling & Art Lighting

iPad in Crestron iPad Dock

iPad controls the entire house

Crestron TPMC-4SMD

The default screen used on the Crestron TPMC4-SMD in the Master Bedroom. Note - I have all the touch panels throughout the house programmed to display holidays, birthdays, appointments(if any), etc. Also the background images change automatically depending on the season we are in, Winter, Spring, Summer & Fall.

Crestron TPMC-4SMD

The lighting menu on the Crestron TPMC-4SMD

So that the status for nor now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.