Sewage pump monitoring - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-19-2012, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I had planned on picking up an Insteon 2413s to simply control a dimmer switch (2476d) and my fireplace(2450).

My concern however is that at some point I also want to be able to add on such that I can disable a receptable based on a contact status. I am trying to prevent the pump in the washing machine in my basement from being able to overflow the sewage pit in the basement floor. I don't believe the toliet or shower, I plan to put in can as they are only gravity fed, however the washing machine can and has, fortunately when my basement was unfinished.

I was going to control the 2413 with a Global Cache unit and irule for the lighting etc, but I wondered if it would be insufficient for the secondary project. It would need to be programmed to perform its task (turn off receptacle), when a float in the pit, triggered a closure on another device.

Any thoughts or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-03-2012, 05:15 PM

Liked: 10
Wire a 120v relay to that receptacle . It will switch it on or off based on the contact status on the relay.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-03-2012, 06:20 PM

Liked: 32
There are units out there that utilize a water sensor, that disables the water valves feeding a wash machine, and also some have a feature that a unit plugs into the outlet, and the wash machine plugs into it, that shuts it off, when it senses water on the floor.

Look at either smarhome.com or talk to a reputable plumbing company, or monitored alarm company that has access to the parts, vs. trying to hash something together. Oh look, two seconds, and I found what you are looking for http://www.plumbingsupply.com/washin...toffvalve.html use that with http://www.specialtyalarms.com/site/1313932/page/470322
Reply Home Automation

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page