RA2 Visor Control as a shade control? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-28-2012, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got a quote for 4 Hunter Douglas Silhouette shades and the dealer says he can control them with a contact switch and a Lutron RA2 Visor Control since the Visor Control has a contact switch input. He would program several scenes so I can have the shades in a few different positions.

Are there any disadvantages to doing it this way? Would the Visor control have sufficient ability to make the shades stop at exactly the right place, and so all 4 line up in that position?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-28-2012, 05:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 78
You could ask to see a prior install, to see if it works well.

Do you have a RA2 system? I would think a RA2 master controller would be required, for programming, but I don't know for sure.

Have you considered Lutron shades?

Interesting concept. Let us know how it works out.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
post #3 of 5 Old 04-28-2012, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

This would include the Lutron main repeater plus the visor control. I considered Lutron shades but they don't have the Silhouette style shades that can also tilt, which looks stunning and provides variety. This is a large living room and the honeycomb or flat shades would make the large floor to ceiling windows look somewhat plain, in contrast to the other walls, when the shade is down. Maybe I need to look at that Lutron catalog again to see if they have a shade design that I would like as much as the Silhouette.

If no one here has heard of using the visor control in this manner, I am a little worried it might not work ideally.
post #4 of 5 Old 04-28-2012, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 78
I think the Sivoia QS Wireless shades have a tilt option, and may perform superiorly to the Hunter Douglas. But, honestly, I haven't seen either in person.

Would be best if you can see both in action, for a fair comparison. I've seen other Lutron shades, and was very impressed by the quiet function.

The Lutron shades are probably much more expensive, though. You may want to skip the comparison, if you're on a tight budget, and the H-D guy is reliable.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
post #5 of 5 Old 04-30-2012, 09:48 PM

Lutron Venetian w tilt may be what your looking for
Reply Home Automation

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page