Need some help finding an appropriate photo cell switch for step lights - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 04-29-2012, 10:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently finished building my riser which includes a step on each side. I have installed 6 120v, non-dimmable, LED step lights (3 per step) and I am looking for a way to automate them. Because the riser is detached from all side walls in the room, I currently have the romex wiring in the riser terminating in a standard grounded 3-pin plug plugged into a switch controlled outlet at the back of the room. This means that I could make use of a photo cell at the switch location, the plug location, or I could wire it as a separate sensor in the first junction box at the back of the riser. I don't need anything fancy, just something that turns on the step lights when the theater lights go out, and turns them off when the ambient light is high enough that step lights aren't needed (so probably most accurate to have it located at the switch, which "sees" the light in the room the best). Because the LED lights sip a very small amount of power, I don't really care if they're on all night. Can any of you recommend a quality photo sensor based switch or plug (non-dimmable) that would work with these?: http://www.pegasuslighting.com/led-m...s-louvers.html Thanks!
Reply Home Automation

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page