I just moved to a new house and I am looking at adding to my existing security system (which I think is a GE Networx), or putting in a completely new system. I am a total noob when it comes to security systems as I have never had one before and I am looking for some direction.
Here is a quick list of things that I wish my system to support.
- I do not want a monitoring company. I believe that it is a waste of money and will eventually end up calling the Police due to a false alarm one day.
- If my alarm is tripped, I want to be alerted by email/SMS, notifying to me which sensor has set off the alarm.
- Instead of having keypads at each door, a wireless keyfob to arm/disarm would be nice.
- All of my doors and windows have already been wired with sensors
- Motion sensors also been pre-wired in
I am an IT pro so I am quite familiar with getting my hands dirty and setting up complex systems.
So, where should I start looking?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.