In Ceiling speaker with volume and power switch - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-09-2012, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Forum !

I'd like to get some advise on what equipment to get for my needs, hope you guys can help, here is my goal

- two in ceiling speakers in both bathroom to have stereo (purchased four Polk MC60 already - 100 watt each)
- an affordable amp capable of delivering 4x100watts
- one apple airport express to stream music via airplay from itune PC or iphone/ipad
- an all in one power and volume control faceplate in each bathroom, the power would cut the power off/on to the amp/apple airport express and volume control would work independently in each bathroom, is that even possible ?

There you have it, i don't know if such a setup is do-able, let me know what you can suggest, thanks in advance !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-10-2012, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 78
An easy but relatively expensive way to do it would be with Sonos. Check the Crutchfield website for a quick overview.

AirPlay enabled AVR, e.g. Denon or Marantz, would be cheaper - but that still leaves you with the control issue. IR distribution would let you use inexpensive hand-held remotes for control. IR-capable in-wall keypads (e.g. Xantech) can be programmed for control as well, but more expensive and a lot more time and energy required to figure that part out.

Harmony RF remotes would remove the remote control issue, if pretty close.

In-wall iTouch, iPad, or dock, with an app for control of the AVR, might be a consideration. Not sure how well Airplay control is integrated into the AVR operation.

Really, just tossing out ideas for you to research.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
post #3 of 3 Old 05-10-2012, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thx Neurarad,

reading your post made me realize something, airplay actually support VOLUME CONTROL in ipod mode (not TV mode apparently with appleTV)

So i could simply slipt the two bathroom with one amp and airport each ?

I could still stream to both at the same time using my itunes PC i thing, right ?

Also could you recommend an amplifier capable of handling 2x100watt and that will maintain the volume level even after powering down for days ?
Reply Home Automation

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page