Elan g alone or Elan plus Sonos? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-27-2012, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I would love input on these systems. We are debating getting a full élan only or a minimal Elan for security, climate, pool and lights (possibly video cameras as well) and a separate Sonos system. We would control all with iPads. Any input would be appreciated! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-05-2012, 05:17 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,
The way I look at it is Elan is the piece that ties all of the sub-systems together. You need to have your lighting, hvac, security all in-place before integrating and Elan system. Another thing to watch out for is that the subsystems are compatible with the Elan system. I am currently running an Elan HC6 that ties into and HAI system for security and hvac, Lutron Radio RA2 for lighting and shades, and Cartell for the driveway sensor. Recently, I installed the new S1616A amp and it is amazing. It supports both mono and stereo and you can configure any speaker for any zone-totally customizable. We have an iPad docked to a on -wall launch port that we use to control the house. In addition, the HR2 remote is awesome. It is wi-fi based and is always ready as soon as you pick it up. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

-Joe
post #3 of 3 Old 07-05-2012, 07:15 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Hi,

The Elan g! can do whole house audio. The UI (user interface) is not too bad. It doesn't have all the source options that Sonos has.

I have both. I don't mind that The Elan system cannot control the Sonos. Nobody else in the family seems to mind either.

But if having just one point of control is important to you then (for now) Sonos would not be an option.

Regards, Frederick C. Wilt
Reply Home Automation

Tags
Elan S66a Integrated Multi Room Controller , Elan Zpowerr Power Controller

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page