I am in the process of finishing my basement. I am modifying my original plan a little. I have been reviewing various lighting threads, but things seem a little unclear. Quite confused with all the RF, Z-wave, X10 talk.
My original plan:
- Electric projector screen
- Outlet near ceiling on projection wall to power screen (this was to be hidden in a build in entertainment center)
- Outlet placed in center of projector wall for future flat panel tv
My new plan:
- Fixed projection screen
- Rope lighting behind screen for accent lighting
How to execute this new plan:
- Still move forward with outlet (for the future TV)
- Place IR/RF dimming switch at the near ceiling box/outlet to control the "TV outlet"
- Plug rope lights into dimmer controlled outlet
- I still plan for the near ceiling box that would house the dimmer to be concealed by the entertainment center.
- I assume since the switch will be concealed i will need to use a RF controlled switch.
- Since i am still in the construction phase I do not have a universal remote selected yet.
Ideally i would like to use the concealed outlet box. However if my RF options just aren't cost effective as far as equipment needed, I can put in another receptacle box that would be line of sight on the projector wall.
My A/V equipment will be in a media cabinet and plan to use the Nextgen Genius IR to RF remote.
Any recommendations on my options?