Another Savant horror story, differnt slant - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-04-2012, 06:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
LiteTouch...one of the best occupant interface, lighting control keypad manufactures is bought by Savant. Very good thing for Savant no doubt, very bad thing for LiteTouch and their dealers. Why is this? Well for starters, first thing Savant does...yank the excellent limited lifetime warranty LiteTouch had which was the best in the industry. A huge selling point for LiteTouch, now gone. As of 2/12/12 all systems dealers had installed no longer have the warranty and any new jobs on the the books no longer have it. Dealers are left holding the bag and taking the wrath of clients. What is Savant's response to this? "To bad". LiteTouch as a company always was such a class act. Always worked with dealers to cooperate and help them. Savant could have learned a lot from them, oh well. Greedy bunch of... mad.gif

As painful as it will be, this dealer will be dropping LiteTouch and finding other control options.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-05-2012, 08:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So let me get this straight.. You're upset because the company that offered "The Best" warranty is no longer offering the best warranty but probably a comparable one to the rest of the industry? You're also going to look for a different option, which by your standards, has to have a worse warranty as well? Seeing as LiteTouch had "The Best"

You're also going to have to relearn the in's and out's of another brand because of it?

My favorite quote about a warranty comes from the movie Tommy Boy

"I can throw a piece of sh*t in a box and mark it GUARANTEED, but all I'm guaranteeing you is a piece of sh*t in a box"

Point is, If you like and know the product... and know it work reliably then you really have no issue. You're horror story is more of a rant about something you don't like regarding a change. People don't like change we're creatures of habit. If you would have said "LiteTouch ditched their warranty program when they were bought by Savant. There's no way I'd buy this stuff because it fails all the time" Then I would have thought 2 things:

1) That's a good idea
2) Why didn't you stop selling it long ago.

can we get a real horror story please? wink.gif

"I'm just a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it"
Reply Home Automation

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page