What can I do with Grafik Eye QS "Ecosystem"? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-10-2012, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
What's up with the Grafik Eye QS with "Ecosystem" - I have seen 8 and 16 zone models.

Do these work with regular loads, or only with special loads?

If I get one, can I still do up to 6 regular loads, then have "special" loads on the remaining zones, or does it only do special loads on all the zones?

I'd love to have more zones in one unit - but I just have regular incandescent loads. Am I looking at the wrong product for this? Do I have to go with a 2/4/6 zone standard Grafik Eye QS?

Lutron stuff is cool, but these kind of basic questions don't seem at all straightforward in their design guides and other literature.

Electrical engineer by education. Currently a system engineer. I like home automation, theaters, and blinking lights.
Someday it'll be more of an actual hobby - if my employer would ever let me go home!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-11-2012, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
No replies? No worries.

I'll answer my own question.

Well, I found the answer in the Lutron tech docs (with a little help from their technical support)

http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocumentLibrary/QSGRJ-xE%20Sub.pdf

The Graphic Eye QS with Ecosystem supports 3 "standard" type zones that support their usual fare of line voltage loads. These three zones can also be configured as EcoSystem loads.

The rest of the zones (4-8 or 4-16) can only control EcoSystem Ballasts or EcoSystem LED drivers, made by Lutron.

So if you have regular loads, and want >6 zones of control, get two or more Grafik Eye units.

Or you could go RadioRA2, control the GE for 6 zones, and use RadioRA2 dimmers on the others. But then scene control becomes a challenge...

Electrical engineer by education. Currently a system engineer. I like home automation, theaters, and blinking lights.
Someday it'll be more of an actual hobby - if my employer would ever let me go home!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply Home Automation

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page