Advice/Suggestions for my beginners setup... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 07-13-2012, 07:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I am building a new house and I'd like to do some vary basic things as far as HA is concerned. I'm going to list what I'm hoping to achieve and the equipment I have, or plan on purchasing.

Equipment:

Sony 55" TV
PS3
XBOX 360
Onkyo TX-NR616 receiver (not yet purchased)
Lutron Maestro light/ceiling fan switches (not yet purchased)
Harmony One remote

Wish list:

Right now I have a Harmony One remote but I'm considering using something like iRule from the iPad to control everything.

Lighting control in the living room/dining room/kitchen via the Lutron switches. I'm pretty sure they integrate well with the harmony one, but if I want to use the iPad I'll need to get something like the Itach WF2IR to convert the IP signal to IR. Has anyone done this?

Audio control - I would like to have two zones. One for the speakers in the living room/dining room/kitchen and one for the back porch. The Onkyo supports two zones so I think I should be ok there, but please correct me if I'm wrong. Also, I'd like to tie in 5.1 surround for the TV in the living room through the audio. Is it possible to have audio through the surround sound speakers and the ceiling speakers independent of each other?

That's basically all I need/want at this point. Please offer advice and suggestions.
Reply Home Automation