Good morning everyone! Reviving this thread to let you know where I stand and to get some further advice.
For $2,500, I had my entire condo pre-wired with CAT and speaker cable to all locations (3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, living room, kitchen and hallway). I'm about four months away from close and am working with a quote from Abt, and of course, trying to get them lower. I've attached the PDF of the quote if you'd like to take a look.
1. I'm moving from the 16 channel amp to the 8 channel. To start, I'll only have 4 zones (plus the 5.1 in the living room).
2. I'm also eliminating all but one of the remotes as it's only me and my SO in the home. When we have guests, we'll let them use the remote and keep use our phones.
3. You'll notice no speakers; I'm purchasing and installing those on my own.
4. What are your thoughts re: installation costs? Between the installation labor, project management and programming, I'm looking at $4,644 in "installation" costs. Do you think that's in line or possibly excessive?
5. Any other equipment or items seem out of line?
6. Any suggestions on where to purchase some of this other equipment for less? I've checked Newegg and Amazon. If I can get it for less on some other site, I'll probably purchase it on my own and then provide it to Abt.
Any suggestions you can provide are greatly appreciated.
C4 Setup - Clean.pdf 1425k .pdf file