Radio Ra 2 in New Construction - Consulting Help? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-19-2012, 12:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I've been reading these forums for months trying to figure out a home automation solution for the house that's going to begin construction soon. In this process, I've determined that the Radio Ra 2 setup is the best choice for its functionality and value.

I've gotten three different quotes from distributors/installers in the area, and I'm disappointed to find that they're charging significantly (approx. 70%) higher prices for the hardware components than I could obtain via any number of websites. I understand that this is part of the nature of operating a brick-and-mortar business, but this seems a bit excessive. Add on top of the hardware cost another $8,500 for installation and programming (which frankly also seems excessive, given my understanding that programming the system once installed shouldn't be more than a day's worth of effort), and this is a much more expensive proposition than I had originally planned.

Recognizing this, I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of or experience with any consulting-type services for Lutron products. What I'd like to do is this: once I have an idea of the types and locations of lighting and blinds that will be hooked up to the system, have someone design an optimal solution for hardware (keypads, occupancy sensors, etc.) and switch location. Also, I haven't forgotten about the issue of programming the system. Obviously, this would take someone certified with access to the software - however, I don't have a good solution for this, yet.

Unsurprisingly, none of the installers that I've contacted are willing to provide their services without also providing hardware. Does anyone know of anyone who might be willing to provide the type of services that I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance for any and all responses!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-19-2012, 02:47 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 19
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1178211/lutrons-radiora2/510#post_22179822

DIY if you have the time.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-21-2012, 10:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Contact us: We can provide the help you need.
Design and Programming.
Where are you located?
I think the installation can be done by an electrician or yourself and just pay for programming and design

Email: orpheusinc@gmail.com
Phone : 917-698-7122
Reply Home Automation

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page