Any way to use Landmark system with wireless LCD controllers? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-16-2012, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It's been a while since I've last posted....as the title says, I'm looking for a way to control an existing Landmark based automation system with either wireless LCD screens or Ipad. Since this is a very complex system, and since it is still working as intended, my customer isn't just ready yet, to spend around $70K to upgrade to AMX or Crestron. I've been maintaining the system adding, changing components, changing programming etc. in the past couple of years. I'm looking for a way to have a GUI similar to what I have on the AMX-AXT-LC screen. I'm aware of how limited the options are for this system, but I'm open for any ideas. Besides the A/V equipment, the home has full lighting control by Lutron HWI, shade, door, window control. If more info needed about the existing eqipment, I could provide a full list. Thanks for any ideas!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-17-2012, 01:14 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Ipad, iRule, custom driver, network to RS232 adapter?
post #3 of 4 Old 10-17-2012, 06:56 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thank you, I was not aware of iRule at all, I'll be looking into this solution. Looks quite promising from what I can tell after a few minutes of looking into this.
post #4 of 4 Old 10-25-2012, 01:06 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Be sure not to spend too much time on this band aid. You may get to the end of the upgrade and have the Phast system fail making it a waste of time & money.

If the iPad+iRule option will work i would make sure that there is an upgrade path using those products. So lets say the phast system totally dies the day after your upgrade is done. Now what? What switcher or processor etc will work.

Just make sure the current upgrade + the inevitable upgrade later don't end up costing more than moving to a crestron/amx/control4 system now.

As for the GUI...If you are using the iPad the client wont know whats under the hood. Most of the products on the market from $100-$1million dollars have included GUIs or you can buy 3rd party GUIs to use. If you can actually use iRule as a front end to the Phast system it will be pretty amazing. The clients will feel like they got a whole new system.

Custom Installation Blog: http://www.wiremunky.com
User Interface Design Blog: http://www.guijaboard.com
Reply Home Automation

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page