crestron training and purchasing power - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 12-08-2012, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am a certified, licenced journeyperson electrician. I have been for years looking at expanding my knowledge into home automation. I have decided to look at crestron and am exploring there site.

Now I work for a company and am looking at doing something idependent from them. Can I take there training course and be allowed to purchase and allow me to install there products? I don't have a buisness yet but is a buisness # or a buisness required?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-13-2012, 12:22 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by intertan View Post

I am a certified, licenced journeyperson electrician. I have been for years looking at expanding my knowledge into home automation. I have decided to look at crestron and am exploring there site.
Can I take there training course and be allowed to purchase and allow me to install there products?
In a word, no. In order to sell major lines like Crestron you're typically going to have to meet requirements such as:
1. Established business, usually with several years in business.
2. Significant yearly purchase commitments.
3. And so on...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 8 Old 12-16-2012, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

well that sucks, I hope it doesn't have to be in that industry. Wish they could do something like if you take and pay for the training, pay a yearly licence fee you can do what ever you want.

Our local supplier deals with HAI and provided I take the couse I can purchase the equipment as I need.
post #4 of 8 Old 12-16-2012, 09:24 PM

Liked: 13
If you want a DIY solution, why don't you look at iRule?
post #5 of 8 Old 12-22-2012, 10:55 PM

RTI would suite you well.
post #6 of 8 Old 01-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I have a similar question. Sorry to hijack this thread, but just a quick question.. I would like to do the entire home automation of our house by myself.. not sure if people in here do that. Currently i use Vera, but moving on i would like to have some serious automation going on using creston, or similar products.. with proper rack mountable controllers.
Can an individual take up an online course like creston offers and do the entire stuff himself? I understand Creston has certain criterieas.. but what about other brands? Control4, RTI etc etc.
post #7 of 8 Old 01-08-2013, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 79
There is a wide range of possibilities, from DIY HomeSeer at one end, and pro-only Crestron at the other.

For DIY, and the highly motivated enthusiast, CQC is the most flexible, robust option. But, like Crestron, there is a steep learning curve. The support is superb, on the CQC forum.

For a pro breaking into the biz, RTI is a good option, for single and multi room control. Another consideration would be URC.

HAI would be a decent option for the new pro as well, for whole house solutions.

A new pro should sign up with the local distributors, as an initial step. The distributor can help steer.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
post #8 of 8 Old 01-08-2013, 03:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post

There is a wide range of possibilities, from DIY HomeSeer at one end, and pro-only Crestron at the other.
For DIY, and the highly motivated enthusiast, CQC is the most flexible, robust option. But, like Crestron, there is a steep learning curve. The support is superb, on the CQC forum.
For a pro breaking into the biz, RTI is a good option, for single and multi room control. Another consideration would be URC.
HAI would be a decent option for the new pro as well, for whole house solutions.
A new pro should sign up with the local distributors, as an initial step. The distributor can help steer.

Thanks for the suggestions neurorad. Thats what i wanted to know.
Reply Home Automation

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page