What to do with old Crestron gear? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-19-2013, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've just done a major re-vamping of our home automation and A/V distribution system, and it's left me with a very large pile of used Crestron gear -- everything from in-wall touch panels to wireless panels to processors and distribution gear.

What are the best ideas for getting rid of it all? eBay? Is it worth the trouble? I'd like it out of here ASAP, but if there's a bit of return money, I wouldn't mind capitalizing.

Are there any online businesses that purchase old gear so they can turn it around and make a profit?

Or is it best to just donate to an electronics recycling company?

I've tried to look around online, but I can't seem to find any solid advice. Hoping to find some here.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-19-2013, 01:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Big eBay market for used Crestron. Contact some of the regular sellers (5 Star, lots of active sales).

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/_si.html?_nkw=crestron+

I have no idea what they will offer you. Try asking them what they would pay for one of your processors, to give you an idea of what you'll get. Compare that with the hassle of selling it yourself. You can search for recently completed sales to see what people are getting.

ETMAN AV and wjnetwork are very popular, and seem to be knowledgeable. IIRC, they test the equipment and offer warranties, so they will get high prices - keep that in mind when searching completed listings.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
post #3 of 4 Old 01-19-2013, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
If you posted your location someone might contact you to look at it and make a offer. If it's a couple of generations old you won't get much.
Tablets and Ipads have caused a flood on ebay with great deals on touch panels to the point where only the lowest priced ones are moving.
I have a older system. PM me the list.

Current owner of the last/best AmPro on the planet. The mighty 4600HD, and it's still running...better than Barco's, especially southern ones.
post #4 of 4 Old 01-26-2013, 04:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefuel View Post

If you posted your location someone might contact you to look at it and make a offer. If it's a couple of generations old you won't get much.
Tablets and Ipads have caused a flood on ebay with great deals on touch panels to the point where only the lowest priced ones are moving.
I have a older system. PM me the list.

I just posted a classified with some used Crestron if your interested.
Reply Home Automation

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page