RadioRa 2 Security mode - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 02-01-2013, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, Anyone use the "security mode" button type for phantom buttons in radioRa 2?
I am using this to flash some lights when an alarm condition is sent from the HAI Omnipro and it works great. I jsut cant turn it off.
Anyone know how to turn off security mode in radio ra 2?

JOE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-01-2013, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
how exactly are you doing this via HAI? You may want to issue a direct command to lutron via the HAI program vs. issuing a phantom button/scene via lutron.
If you are issuing a command to do something you need to issue a command to stop doing it as well...I know this seems trivial but it's a mistake that a lot o folks make...even me on occasion.
post #3 of 6 Old 02-01-2013, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogereater View Post

how exactly are you doing this via HAI? You may want to issue a direct command to lutron via the HAI program vs. issuing a phantom button/scene via lutron.
If you are issuing a command to do something you need to issue a command to stop doing it as well...I know this seems trivial but it's a mistake that a lot o folks make...even me on occasion.

HI thanks for the reply.
In radio ra essentials I created phantom button #9 This is programmed as 'security mode" type
this button is programmed to flash certain lights

In HAI pc access I created an automation as follows
WHEN ANY ALARM
THEN Phantom Button 9

So now when my alarm goes off this phantom button gets pressed but then never gets shut off and I am locked out of all local control of any light switches until I reset the radio ra processor

Is this not correct? How would I issue a direct command to lutron to turn off phantom #9
Since If I can do that then all of the lights will exit security mode and go back to the previous state they were in.

THanks!

JOE
post #4 of 6 Old 03-04-2013, 08:42 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Just curious if you figured this out.
post #5 of 6 Old 03-20-2013, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm curious too.....
I purchased a visor control and have all exterior lights set to flash and all interiors set full only way to stop it on mine is disarm alarm it works very well but isn't a phantom button like yours. Have u tried lutron tech support they usually answer every question I fire at them!
post #6 of 6 Old 06-15-2013, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Yeah mystikjoe how exactly are you turning off security mode so that the lights stop flashing? How does your hai send the security node cancel?

I ended up just hard wiring my visor controller To my hai since luckily I ran wires to this location when I built the house.
So now when an alarm is tripped then the hai controller just fires off a contact closure to the Lutron visor controller when I disarm the hai then the Lutron cancels security mode and lights to back to normal.

But I am trying to figure our how you cancel security mode by just disarming your hai? I was on the phone with tech support for both Lutron and hai and we could not figure it out.

JOE
Reply Home Automation

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page