Remote control of multiple independent overhead lights in a single room - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-09-2013, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi! In my family room I have installed four independent overhead monopoint track spot lights over each seat for reading, etc. Right now I'm using a wall panel with four single pole dimmer switches. I would like to:

1- add the capability to control each light from their respective seated location. I've researched the Lutron Maestro RF/Pico switch here and on the internet but don't find the specific answer to my question. Common sense suggests each dimmer/Pico pair is an independent pair however the literature seems to suggest any Pico will control ALL the dimmers simultaneously. Anyone know the answer?

2- If practical add the enhanced capability to control these four lights from a single location, hopefully using Irule which I have installed and running on my old iPAD I.

I'm not married to Lutron. The lights are 120V. I'm controlling several devices with the iTach Network device and an Integra D40.R through IP commands os I'm fairly familiar with these things.

Further research suggests Insteon dimmers with a 4 or 8 scene Remotelinc 2 will do the trick. Do they integrate with iRule? Has anyone done this?

Thanks very much for any response, guidance or links.

Rich
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-09-2013, 12:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Gibson View Post

Common sense suggests each dimmer/Pico pair is an independent pair however the literature seems to suggest any Pico will control ALL the dimmers simultaneously. Anyone know the answer?
Independent unless linked together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Gibson View Post

Further research suggests Insteon dimmers with a 4 or 8 scene Remotelinc 2 will do the trick. Do they integrate with iRule? Has anyone done this?

Yes. Yes (not me).

http://support.iruleathome.com/customer/portal/questions/318674-insteon (requires Smartlinc)
Reply Home Automation

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page