Like lleo mentioned, I think you would need third party automation software to do some of the tasks you are requiring due to the logic.
We've recently added Lutron RadioRa2 to our list of supported hardware in the past year if you want to take a look at our DIY software: Cinemar
For things like closets, laundry and bathroom...I put in these occupancy light switches: http://www.leviton.com/OA_HTML/ProductDetail.jsp?partnumber=ODS15-IDW§ion=38557
They turn on instantly as you walk past the sensor.
Back when I built, I found that trying to turn on lights in these type of rooms wasn't fast enough for my personal tastes when going through say a security system and then trigger the lights. I wanted the lights to turn on instantly, even a second or two feels like an eternity. Especially when they are pitch dark rooms.
I've automated turning on and off other things though. A few examples:
* When someone pulls in the driveway after sunset, the exterior garage lights turn on.
* If someone opens the garage door and then opens the door to the house after x seconds - and it's after sunset, I have the kitchen lights turn on
* When the garage door shuts and it's after sunset, I automatically turn off the exterior garage lights.
* If no motion is detected in the kitchen for 20 minutes, I turn off the lights and the TV
* If motion is detected in any rooms with touchscreens, the touchscreens come out of power save mode
* All humidifiers turn on/off at specified times in the morning and at night for all our bedrooms
Lot's more...but these are just some of the possibilities.