Just want to dim the lights in theater room without getting up - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-26-2013, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I've been reading on AVS, but I haven't found what I'm looking for, so I'll just ask it outright.

Trying for a very simple setup. I moved, old theater room had to stay behind. I'm remodeling a room in my new house to make into theater room. I just want to be able to turn the lights on and off and dim them from my seat. I don't really even care about preset scenes. I want to use the same universal remote that controls all the theater gear. I've used harmony universal remotes in the past and been happy - their newest offering looks like a good option, but I don't have to have a harmony.

Two lighting circuits would be nice, but if it matters, putting all of the lights on one switch is ok too. I've found products like the Mi Casa Verde veralite, but that seems like overkill for one room. If there's a cheaper, easier option, that's what I'm looking for. I bought 6 halogen fixtures for the soffits - they were on clearance, and I couldn't resist. Then I found out that the newest Harmony remote can control phillips hue lights. Am I better off buying new fixtures and Hue lightbulbs (might cost more than veralite), or is there a better option?

Thanks in advance!

Two Schneider Cine Digitar Anamorphic lenses for sale here:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/252-fr...hic-1-33x.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2013, 01:07 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
How about just a simple lutron IR dimmer. Comes with a remote so if you remote has a learning function you are good to go.

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=205636-539-MIR-600THW-WH&langId=-1&storeId=10151&productId=1233219&catalogId=10051&cmRelshp=req&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1
sulakd likes this.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Yup, that's perfect. I guess something like that was just too simple to be discussed much in the forums - or at least i never came across it. Thanks!

Two Schneider Cine Digitar Anamorphic lenses for sale here:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/252-fr...hic-1-33x.html
Old 06-26-2013, 11:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I came in here to recommend the same lutron switch. Thats exactly what I'm using in my living room. I'm also using a harmony one remote to control it. Works perfectly!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta