Lutron RadioRA 2 Software - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-06-2013, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
First post! First, let me say I've done lots of research and planning, and have used Maestro systems in old houses. Move into our new house (approx. 3200 sq ft) in a week. Unfortunately, due to time (and budget, to a certain degree) constraints, I didn't get to go for a full in-wall system.

RadioRA 2 is a perfect blend - I can scale up down the road (and have already built myself a road map), and start off fairly small. The wife is game-on.

I'm OK with most of the features you can natively get from the system, but need the Software for some of the more robust tools (e.g. iPhone/Android support, clock/program).

As a matter of pride and personal interest, I'm installing the system myself, and do not have contact with an installer. I would love to attend Lutron training sessions to obtain the software myself, alas I work overseas. I've gotten my hands on a copy of the integration protocol and am pretty versatile with programming.

I'm starting fairly small, first lot is listed below (every quarter, I'll add another 5-10 devices). I haven't reached out to buy anything yet, in case someone knows a way to BUY the equipment with the software. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

1x RR-MAIN-REP-WH
4x RRD-10D-WH
1x LRF2-OHLB-P-WH
1x LRF2-OCR2B-P-WH
2x RD-RS-WH
1x RRD-W5BRLIR-WH

I should add, we have the Honeywell Vista 21iP and Honeywell Tuxedo for our alarm system, so there's going to be native integration with the RadioRA2 system shortly too.... biggrin.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-06-2013, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 340
You can take the "BLAST-ON" training online via video instruction - sign up on Lutron's site. Once you go through all of those, you can take the certification test (which I still haven't gotten around to doing, but it shouldn't be hard once you've been through the training). After certifying, you can buy a starter kit or an equivalent amount of gear, and Lutron will provide you access to the software.

If you don't have a good local dealer to buy Lutron gear from, talk to Hank's Electrical (they hang out here, too). They're authorized Lutron, so you have to call to get a proper quote on RadioRa gear.

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht

post #3 of 4 Old 07-06-2013, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

Excellent. Signed up for the course, just waiting for email back now...

A bit of education never hurts.

Thanks!
post #4 of 4 Old 07-08-2013, 12:56 PM

Well I have completed the course, taken the test, received the certification, purchased the starter kit and more, and finished the programming and install for a house. Three things I would recommend. 1. Take notes during the video lectures. You will need the info for the test in order to pass. Not hard, but there is a lot of material they cover. 2. When you receive the Essentials S/W spend some time playing with it and complete your activiation of the Main Repeater and Auxiliary Repeaters from the comfort of your own computer. This technique will allow you to save time when setting up your system. 3. Wait a little time on keypad engraving to get a feel for how you use the system. I went through several engravings as I received countless help from my spouse on how she felt they should work.

All in all this system is easy to program and have learned a lot of shortcuts that I can use in the trade. Hope this helps. Remember from the time you complete the on-line course and buy your starter kit (must send proof of purchase), it can be several weeks from that time before Lutron releases you the Radio RA2 SW.
Reply Home Automation

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page