Did I read this right garamteed X# of $ in sales. Crestron - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-01-2013, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Some time ago I was looking at becoming a crestron installer/dealer. I started looking at there products and doing some research. I then did a sign up and got a few emails.

One stated that I need to guarantee that I sell X# of dollars in sales. As soon as I saw that I drooped the research and the plan.

Fast forward to now and I am working for a company that does c4, amx and g by elan. I am personally looking at hai training in the future and others to bring to the company but crestron seems to be fairly popular on these boards.

did I read this right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-01-2013, 10:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 302
I have dealt with any number of companies that have sales minimum requirements. There is a certain amount of overhead which is associated with almost every company that has to do business with you. Some give free training, some give free support, etc. Crestron is a high-dollar product which needs to be working with companies which are able to deliver the install quality, system engineering, support, and knowledge base which makes it worthwhile to support the companies, and the customers in turn.

I have run into company after company that has almost white-vanned their customers into buying Crestron without actually having the true expertise to deliver a quality final product.

There is some distribution now for Crestron, which makes things better for installers, but I think it makes it worse for customers.

AMX, really is quite similar.

C4 is based more around simple setups and pre-configured GUIs, which makes them a bit easier to work with.

But, I do believe both AMX and Crestron have similar requirements.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
Reply Home Automation

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page