Crestron - AMS Programming... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 18 Old 09-02-2013, 03:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello Guys

I would need a good Crestron "Crack" for the AMS-System. I know it is a old System, but I have to fix a few things and need some help. Maybe there are some good Programmers who could me a little help smile.gif

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 09-02-2013, 11:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
a crack? what you need is either the original program (it cant be pulled off the processor) or someone to re-program it for you. What kinds of things do you need fixed?
post #3 of 18 Old 09-02-2013, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

Hello

I know a quiet bit about Crestronprogramming, but this is different.

My Problem.
A Customer has an AMS-AIP, 6 APADs, TPMC-8X and a CEN-Idoc.
I made the Program with Systembuilder and then also made additional programming in Simpl.
But now I forgot to add the Groups, that the Customer can make Partymode and all the Stuff. I opend the Program again in Systembuilder (in Simpl I didn´t find anything - like to make new Sources in the AMS Standart Functionality) and activated under "Properties" all the Groups I needed, compiled everything and uploaded the new Program. Everything works now, but there is now also a new Button "DND", what I could enable or disable. There is no Function on it - regardless what I do. Can you please tell me how it will work ? Also on the TPMC-8X I don´t find where to activate the Groups for Partymod. DND Button is none there. For Instance - I what in 4 Rooms Musik, but in one Room not. In this Room I thought I "enable" the DND Mode, that this Room can not be controlled, but it doesn´t work. I also hear in this Room Musik or I can turn it on/off from a other Room.

A other funny thing is this. I thought that when I load again my Custom Program I made then the Groupmode must be gone, but it is still there. Also when I erease the whole AMS - it is still there. I must open Systembuilder make changes upload the Program and then the Groups are gone.
Also when I load again my Custom Program - the Groups are gone.

For me it is OK this way, because I then just have to make the changes in Systembuilder and load the Program and also then my Custom Program, and the Customer has his Groups, but is this the correct Way ?

CEN-Idoc - Customer tells me, that the idoc works in the Theater Zone with the TPMC-8X, but when he try´s to listen to the ipod in a Room with the APAD - there is no Functionality. Customer can just switch to the idoc Source, and that´s it - no Sound, and also now Buttons to control it. What could be the reason there ? But when I look into Systembuilder, then I made all the Setup, that the ipod is also a Multiroomaudiosource, and not just in the Theater.

How do you really make changes in the System when you forgot something in Systembuilder ? Because there must be a easy´r Way not to Program the stuff in Simpl by Hand, because that can take a really long Time...
post #4 of 18 Old 09-02-2013, 03:19 PM

it doesn't sound to me like you have any kind of Crestron training, and that you somehow got the software and are just guessing. You don't know the features of the system, and are using Systembuilder, not SIMPL to program it. You will have a hard time programming in SB and then trying to get somewhere in SIMPL.
Quote:
"Because there must be a easy´r Way not to Program the stuff in Simpl by Hand, because that can take a really long Time...

This is in a nutshell the reason why Crestron makes it hard to become certified. By customer, I can only assume you are charging for this service. Bad move. You should refund and refer them to a CAIP programmer to do it right. Yes, it takes a long time, especially to do it right.

Run, don't walk, to your nearest Crestron programmer and get them to do the program correctly. You and the customer will be happier...
David Haddad likes this.
post #5 of 18 Old 09-02-2013, 04:06 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by thx-freak View Post

My Problem.
A Customer has an AMS-AIP, 6 APADs, TPMC-8X and a CEN-Idoc.
Is the "customers" name thx-freak wink.gif.
post #6 of 18 Old 09-03-2013, 02:33 AM - Thread Starter

Hello

Your wrong - I am a Crestrondealer and had a few Trainings, but you can´t know this - how should you smile.gif

My Questions sound to you maybe, that I never done something with Crestron, but that´s not true. The Problem here is, that my Distributor is very far away from me, and I do very less with Crestron, because I just don´t have enough Customers for it. When I think about the Trainings, and what I learnd there - near nothing. They showed us a liitle bit how to use VTPro, and also Systembuilder, but NEVER something in Detail or something else. Also Simpl - forget it. Everything I know about Programming is by Trial and Error, and a lot of a good Friend who is a very good Programmer - not just Crestron - also AMX and so on.

He is also the Guy who always helped me with sutch kind of Projects, but The Problem what I have now is, that he is not availible anymore - no more Contact, because about a heart disease. He made those Programming about over 25 Years. He knows REALLY very good what he did.

I think I must tell you the whole Story...

I started with him this Project, because I knew that I can make the Paneldesign, and also the Standartthings in Systembuilder, like Tuner, ipod and so on. He never used Systembuilder, because he made all the Logic in Simpl and Simpl+. I agree with you, that this would be the best Way to make the Solution, because you find everything in the Program what you made and so on. But in my case I used now Systembuilder, because we thought it is faster for the Standart Functionallity. Also my Experience is not so good and detailed in the Program. And now I have to "jump in the cool Water" to try to fix the things, what are not done yet.

My Demosystem is the same like at the Customer, and thats the Reason why I said I will make the Project, but with help of my Friend. Because I made also my System with Systembuilder, and a few other things in Simpl, and everything works fine. That this happend to my Friend - nobody could no, and the System is not done yet.

It is not mutch missing, but still a few things don´t work, and my Distributor can´t really help me there, because the don´t have mutch experience with Systembuilder. But at the Trainings they told use, that this is so easy and so on - I think you know what I mean.

I found now that when I make a Program with Systembuilder, and upload it everything is ok. I also know how to edit the Program in Simpl how to compile and upload it with Toolbox. Now you know the whole Story smile.gif

I probably have to look for someone else who can finish the Program with me, because I just don´t know enough about all the Logics I need in Simpl to make the Program run right.

But maybe you know this Issue. Could it be, that when I load a Program from Systembuilder in the Prozessor, that when I overright it with a other Program directly out of Simple (F12 and upload from Toolbox) that in the APADs there are still a few Functions? Because in my case, like I said I forgot to Program the Groups - I did it now in Systembuilder uploadet it and it works, but I miss a Button thats called DND, because now all Rooms go on, when I activate one Room, but it could happen, that I want a Room to be quiet. Just with uploading a new Program fom Simpl doesn´t remove the Groups. The Groups change, if I load the changing with Systembuilder. It looks for me, that some parts in the Program from Simpl don´t affect the Program of Systembuilder...

@AVS Moderator - NO it is not my System - it´s the System of a Customer.
post #7 of 18 Old 09-03-2013, 10:31 AM
Advanced Member

I keep waiting for the promise of millions of dollars from a wealthy African or the Irish lottery if only i will hand over my personal information.

You should contact crestron and sign up for more programming classes or hire a CPS. Attempting to learn to program your clients systems via a message forum is going to cost someone (you or your customer) a lot of money.

Custom Installation Blog: http://www.wiremunky.com
User Interface Design Blog: http://www.guijaboard.com
post #8 of 18 Old 09-03-2013, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry, but your first Sentence I don´t understand.

Yes you are right - I must make a choice, and the Choice is to search for a new Programmer, because I would like to go to Trainings, but when I just sell one Crestronsystem a Year thats just not enough, and I will forget all my Traing when I don´t do it always.
post #9 of 18 Old 09-03-2013, 09:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Yes, hire a Crestron programming company. Many of the best Crestron dealers do this.

Most programming firms will also help with design, before you start. Makes the job easier, with less time invested on your part.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
post #10 of 18 Old 09-04-2013, 08:01 PM

You are not a crestron dealer if you're not selling a lot of their product - they do have a minimum in sales. Also, I have gone through Crestron 101 and 201 programming courses and they are 3-5 day courses that have gone IN DEPTH to SIMPL, VTPro, and now Studio. Most people who dont know anything about Crestron will do a system in systembuilder since it makes the program for you in a series of questions. What company name do you have registered with Crestron? I can find out for you if training is available...I'm calling BS on this one. Call up a CAIP to do the work, they dont even have to be local. They could be halfway around the world. Out of curiosity, where are you located?

Oh, and nobody that I know of has done a system in SB and then switched to "add something" in SIMPL. Not smart, and much more complicated in the long run. It is SO EASY to do standard switching and volume with SIMPL, and for each room you can just copy and paste the symbols, then just renumber things to get it working.

Where are you taking the Systembuilder file from to edit with SIMPL? You should do one or the other, and all the functionality you want should be there in Systembuilder without going in and editing stuff. Care to attach the smw file you're editing in SIMPL?
post #11 of 18 Old 09-05-2013, 02:50 AM - Thread Starter

Yes you are right - if you see it like this, then I am not a Crestron Dealer. I sell very less off them. I know what Systembuilder does, and also it is for shure not the right way to Program those Systems. I am from Europa, and for shure it is not the fault of my Distributor. I will not make those courses, because they are not usefull for me, because I make to less Systems. Of Course I would like to know about it, because I am a Tecnical Guy, but I think it is a waste in Time - I just do it to less, and forget then everything. I think you know what I mean.

Like you said - it is "sooo easy" wink.gif of course - if you know what you do...
I thought - and also my Distributor - it bis the easy´st and fast way to use the AMS , Apads, idoc and TPMC-8X with Systembuilder, when I just want a Standartsystem. OK, and then I saw I need this and that...I would love to be a Programmer with those kind of Systems, but maybe someday I will really do all this Trainings. I think here in Europa we have the same Trainings like you Guys in the US. For me would be great if those Trainings would be also online, then it would be mutch more easy for me.

Your last Sentence I don´t understand ? Would you like to see my Program ?
post #12 of 18 Old 09-05-2013, 07:26 AM

Quote:
OK, and then I saw I need this and that...I would love to be a Programmer with those kind of Systems, but maybe someday I will really do all this Trainings

really? So not only can you not program the system, you cant design it either? I don't understand. You say learning this is a waste of time, that you cant do it, that you won't go to the classes, that they're not useful to you, yet if you took some of the classes you'd have this done and it would be working correctly. The classes are head over heels informative, and you would learn sooooo much from going to them. Plus they're FREE. No excuse there to not go.

What part of my last sentence is confusing? I asked if you would attach the simpl file you used to build the system...can you find that?
post #13 of 18 Old 09-05-2013, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter

Hello

Shure - I can Design the System. Free ? Here in Europa is nothing free - I have to pay for it, and also drive over 1000Miles ! Not usefull I mean that the Time I must invest, and then I have no Customer for it. I bought me Years ago a AMS 6 APADS, and a TPMC-8X for Demo to the Customers. At the beginning I where at a few Trainings, but just Basic for Systembuilder, Simpl and VTPro. But there NEVER somebody showed me how to Programm a APAD with Tunercards, idoc and AMS with Simpl.. They said its mutch easyr with Systembuilder and faster. That is true, but now I know a little more about the Systems, and Systembuilder is also nothing special and I find complecated. If you know exact what to do in Simpl with all the Moduls and Logic it is for shure perfect, because you always know your Programm to 100%.

Yes I could send you the Programm - no Problem, but it is very huge - over 60MB ! I think it would be easyr if you would give me your Mailadresse, and not use the Forum.
post #14 of 18 Old 09-05-2013, 08:19 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
if you know quite a bit about crestron like you claim, you wouldn't use System Builder in the first place smile.gif

Crestron & AMX Programmer. GUI Designer.
post #15 of 18 Old 09-05-2013, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter

Haha - very funny wink.gif They told me I should use it !!! AFTER I used the Systembuilder I where those Basic Trainings, and then I learnd a little about Simpl, Toolbox and VtPro. I thought it would be the fastest way to Programm the Standart Radio and idoc with the Systembuilder - why not - you don´t change it anymore. If you have to programm all these Features with Simple by Hand, that will take probably a Week !
post #16 of 18 Old 09-05-2013, 09:09 PM

Liked: 16
thx-freak, are there no programmers in your area you can hire to assist?
post #17 of 18 Old 09-05-2013, 11:50 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
unless you know how to use a debugger and troubleshoot from back end, you better find a local Crestron programmer. If that is impossible, then maybe a remote session with a Crestron programmer ( via join.me ) while you are connected to the clients system.

your Ipod issue
if you have problems hearing audio sources in rooms after they were selected, just open C2I-AMS-AUDIO ( slot-09 ) and in the debugger watch what input source ( analog value ) was assigned to that room. Then with a debugger and simpl windows you will be able to backtrack and trace the cause of your problems. Also in SIMPL you can just trace the APAD button that selects Ipod as a source. Just follow the signal flow and see what is triggered when you hit that button. There is some kind of disconnect somewhere.

Crestron & AMX Programmer. GUI Designer.
post #18 of 18 Old 09-06-2013, 03:38 AM - Thread Starter

Hello Guys

Thanks all for your help, but I will have to look for a Professional Programmer - thats the only Way it makes sence.
Reply Home Automation

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page