X10 CM15a help - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-03-2013, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 37
With X10's forums recently down (gone for good), and their website non-existent too, I need some help please.

All is working well in my HA system with X10. I use X10Commander and iRule to control lots of lights and appliances. However, a recent computer crash got me worried, since anything X10 is now so hard to find.
1) ActiveHome Pro was downloaded, rather than distributed on physical media. I have since managed to find the download and back it up on my home server.
2) I have no idea how I got my CM15a's drivers for Windows 7 (x64), or if indeed it requires a third-party driver.

I am currently looking for drivers for the CM15a, in case I ever need to reinstall my X10 command centre on a different computer. Any help/tips would be appreciated, including a link to the drivers if they still exist. I've searched my harddrives for them, as well as googling. Most links point to shady 'driver download' websites, which seem to have exactly what you want, no matter what nonsense you type.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-12-2014, 11:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 24
The thread below might help you.

I recently lost my Activehome executables due to a system crash (WinXP Pro). AHP setup did not work because the x10.com and X10.com-Pro USA servers are offline. They have been since X10.com went out of business in July, 2013.

Googling around for a few days led me to this link which in turn led me to a server in Europe. Marmitek is not X10 but it is close enough that I was able to get my CM15A back online, albeit with some workarounds to get around dusk/dawn problems.

Not sure if this is what you seek but it helped me ..

http://www.smarthome.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13521

Good luck.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Automation

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page