How to control access to cable box and receiver inside home from outside patio? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-28-2013, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Newbie here but love the forum!

I have a new patio built and had an HDMI cable along with speaker wire for 4 speakers ran and dropped down inside a brick wall to the house.  Will then have this wiring come through to a receiver and cable box.  This is where I have questions...

1. What is the best setup to control the cable box and receiver from outside keeping in mind both the cable box and receiver will be behind a brick wall and not directly facing the TV?

2. Anything special with the receiver purchase I should look for?  Will most likely get AppleTV to run movies and play music through the receiver but unsure of other features I should look for.  In other words, don't want to overspend.

Thanks,

Brandon 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-28-2013, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 353
There are IR-over-HDMI remote repeater devices, but the cheapest answer will depend on what you're using for a remote currently. If you don't have a universal remote for the patio, pick up an RF one with the associated base station. If you do have something now that gets you to one remote, convert it to an RF solution using the NextGen Remote Control extender:

http://www.amazon.com/Next-Generation-Remote-Control-Extender/dp/B000C1Z0HA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1382999757&sr=8-2&keywords=next+generation+remote+control+extender

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht

Reply Home Automation

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page