Update an old Elan system, any ideas? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-29-2013, 05:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello world,

I've got an old Elan system that is ready for the bin, works fine but isn't HDMI compatible. All our TV's are over 8 years old so ready to upgrade. Does anyone have any experience with HDMI matrix/switches? I'll like to try and keep as much functionality as the Elan system has if possible. From reading a few reviews online it looks like I'll need to review my house with Cat 6 cable. We have a cupboard down stairs that holds our TiVo, cablebox, dvd player, iPod etc with a TV in the living and two in upstairs bathrooms. We also have speakers in the living room, bedrooms, dining room and kitchen with small Elan displays in the kitchen and master bedroom. If anyone has any suggestions on how to incorporate HDMI it would be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone heard any rumors of a new Elan switch that would support HDMI?

Many thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-29-2013, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'd take a look at Control4 or Savant. Control4 has a new HDMI matrix switch and we just installed it in our office. Seems to work great. Plus, with Control4, you'll get a lot of the similar functionality you had in your Elan system, although more scaleable.

Savant is great for HDMI switching but is expensive. It is what I have in my house, though.

Travis Leo
Denver, CO
Residential Systems, Inc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply Home Automation

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page