help with cctv - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-19-2014, 04:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I am trying to set up cctv for my home and watch it over the internet by my phone but need help setting up the cctv 

system and getting it to work over the internet  i have signed up to dyn account to forward the i p address

but do not understand about port forwarding and start port and end port stuff 

please help

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-21-2014, 05:47 PM

Liked: 10

Have you already purchased a DVR (the device which you will have to port forward)??

What kind of router do you have, what about your ISP provider and equipment (Comcast router/modem combo, centruylink dsl modem, etc.)?

post #3 of 3 Old 02-01-2014, 07:33 AM

Liked: 20
I purchased Foscam cameras to do this for my house while I was away. After spending quite a few house trying to set one up, I called customer support. I installed their little program that allowed them to access my computer and in about 10 minutes I was up and running. I have added two more cameras and simply copied what they did for the original camera and just changed the camera specific data. On the Foscam website, they say they will do this for you for 30 bucks, but when I called customer support they did not charge me a dime. The hard part is the modem settings. Once that is done, with their new software, you simply scan the bar code on your camera with your smartphone and it does the rest. You don't need to sign up with a third party for an ip. they give you one.
Reply Home Automation

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page