crestron TPS-4L random error when loading projects - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-26-2014, 03:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

hi all, first post so here it is!

getting a really random issue with 2 TPS-4L touch screens, they wont load the project and gives this error when i attempt upload in VT Pro,

The response from the command ("isdir \DISPLAY<LF>") did not return the expected text (""true" or "false""). Returned: "bad or incomplete command<LF>

i get the same issue if i try to load in toolbox through easy config,

i have no issues with my tps-6L screen - worked with no issues after setting the IP ID's and address etc.

im having the issue with 2 of the smaller screens - and google doesn't really help me on this one.

they area being controlled on a cp2e if that is any help

i can access the screen in toolbox, edit everything and remove the project but just cant load a new one

any help would be awesome!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-26-2014, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 377
You may want to shoot over to the Yahoo forums for Crestron with such a specific question. I have had issues from time to time when loading panels, but typically I just reload and it is no issue at all. I also go in and delete my most current compiled touchpanel file from my computer. Then it tells me that the file hasn't been compiled at all, and I compile it for the first time, then load it, and it fixes some issues.

Triple check that you are setup to use the proper panel type in the program for what you are loading to. Not that this is the issue, but it could be part of the issue as well.

Obviously, firmware should be properly updated.... maybe... see below.

Crestron also recently broke some TCP/IP stuff with the two series processors with some recent firmware, so you may even want to try to downgrade your firmware a version if it is using the most current.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-06-2014, 03:10 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10

cool ill give that a go, been really busy so i haven't had a chance to try much more. thanks

post #4 of 5 Old 08-05-2014, 11:14 PM

Liked: 0
I ran into this problem as well. Here's what I had to do to fix it:

1) First upgrade the panel to the 3.001.0034 version:
ftp.crestron.com/firmware/qm-ftcc-tps4/archive/tps-4l_qm-ftcc-tps_tps-4_c2n-ft-tps-4_3.001.0034.01.puf

This will let you know that it has to erase the file system in order to upgrade.

2) After installing this update, upgrade to the latest firmware (3.001.0065). The release notes for this version tell you that you must update to 3.001.0034 first.

3) Load your project onto the panel.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-06-2014, 12:00 PM

Liked: 0
I have had the same problem happen to me in the past. Firmware was the issue and like mentioned above update to the latest. Keep in mind you may have to upgrade a firmware version or two between what is loaded in there now and the latest. I had to update firmware in steps before because it would not take the latest until a certain version was already in place. Good luck.
Reply Home Automation

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page