crestron adagio aas 1/2/4 need help please - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 15 Old 04-26-2014, 12:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I have a crestron adagio aas 1/2/4 with 80g hard drive using it just as a music storage/source. It was working fine. I browsed through albums, listened to songs, and ripped one cd to the hard drive recently. Everything seemed to work just fine. At the end of the day, for some reason, I decided to turn it off instead of leaving it on. So I pressed the "standby" button and confirmed power off. The light became red.

Now, the next day, I tried to turn it on, but it would get stuck while loading. The screen has "crestron adagio" logo and a hourglass turning in the middle. It's stuck on this screen for hours without any changes. I tried pressing on the "standby" button, restart, and etc. Maybe I messed it up more in the process. Now, when turned on, it show "powered by xiva" and then screen goes blank. Nothing happened when left on.

Did I erase the hard drive? Or the software program? What should I do? I had hundreds of albums in there. Worst case scenario, how can I reset the device? Do I need to reinstall software? If so, how?

Thank you for any help in advance. I really need it working to listen to any music.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 04-26-2014, 10:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Maybe the video output setting changed.
How are you connected to the display ?
I can't recall can you access settings through the web interface?
post #3 of 15 Old 04-26-2014, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

trans_lux, thank you so much for replying.

i have connected a computer monitor.

i'm pretty sure it's not the display option issue. the front panel, when it was working, displayed options (out/album/cd/setting) and light was steady green, but now it seems like the hard drive is not booting up at all. no option displayed and light blinks red.

my intuition tells me the hard drive is wiped or messed up.

how can i even troubleshoot this thing? any clue would be really appreciated.

oh, and what is "web interface"?

post #4 of 15 Old 04-26-2014, 10:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwsea View Post

trans_lux, thank you so much for replying.

i have connected a computer monitor.

i'm pretty sure it's not the display option issue. the front panel, when it was working, displayed options (out/album/cd/....) and light was steady green, but now it seems like the hard drive is not booting up at all. no option displayed and light blinks red.

my intuition tells me the hard drive is wiped or messed up.

how can i even troubleshoot this thing? any clue would be really appreciated.

oh, and what is "web interface"?

You should be able to connect to the aas from another computer using a web browser.
You will need to know the IP address of the aas as this is what you'll put in the address bar in the browser.
If you don't know what the IP address is use a network scanner app like Fing from your phone or tablet.
After the scan you can scroll through and see what is on the network and it's IP address.
I'm not sure if it will identify as a Crestron or Xiva device.
If it's not obvious disconnect the aas from the network,rescan and the missing item will be the IP address of the unit.
Note: everything will need to be on the same network.
post #5 of 15 Old 04-26-2014, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trans_lux View Post

You should be able to connect to the aas from another computer using a web browser.
You will need to know the IP address of the aas as this is what you'll put in the address bar in the browser.
If you don't know what the IP address is use a network scanner app like Fing from your phone or tablet.
After the scan you can scroll through and see what is on the network and it's IP address.
I'm not sure if it will identify as a Crestron or Xiva device.
If it's not obvious disconnect the aas from the network,rescan and the missing item will be the IP address of the unit.
Note: everything will need to be on the same network.

i see.

i will try that once i have chance.

so, connect the aas via ethernet cable to internet? and access the aas using a computer by typing the aas ip? i got it.

now, is this ip address fixed for the aas (pre assigned at factory)? or does it vary by my house modem's ip?

do you know if these units can be re-programmed? if yes, by a dealer? or can you download? crestron customer service has been MIA for me so far.

post #6 of 15 Old 04-26-2014, 04:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwsea View Post

i see.
i will try that once i have chance.

so, connect the aas via ethernet cable to internet? and access the aas using a computer by typing the aas ip? i got it.

now, is this ip address fixed for the aas (pre assigned at factory)? or does it vary by my house modem's ip?

do you know if these units can be re-programmed? if yes, by a dealer? or can you download? crestron customer service has been MIA for me so far.

If the unit was set to DHCP it should get a unique IP address from you modem/router.
If it was set to a specific static IP address its going to be tougher to get connected.

Crestron only supports dealers not end users.
They could put you in touch with a local dealer, but given the aas age I'm not sure much can be done.
post #7 of 15 Old 04-26-2014, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trans_lux View Post

If the unit was set to DHCP it should get a unique IP address from you modem/router.
If it was set to a specific static IP address its going to be tougher to get connected.

Crestron only supports dealers not end users.
They could put you in touch with a local dealer, but given the aas age I'm not sure much can be done.

thanks once again for taking your time to answer my dumb questions.

i tried to connect the aas to the internet, but it won't work. because the adagio program is not booting up, even when i connect the unit via cable to the internet, it's not detected by the "fing" app.

i took out the hard drive and connected it to my laptop - thinking that worst thing i can do is throw this unit away. anyways, the files open up very slowly and i did manage to see all the music files and adagio/xiva files. i was not able to open any of those files via my laptop though. when i try to open, it would take forever-just like how it was with the aas unit.

now, what can i do at this point? there's definitely a problem with the hard drive. should i try fixing it by using "check driver"?

post #8 of 15 Old 04-26-2014, 09:27 PM
Advanced Member

No worries there are no such thing as dumb questions except for the ones you don't ask.

Yah it's sounds like the HD is toast.
I would try cloning it to another HD using something like Clonzilla.
It's really easy to use.
You would connect the drive from the AAS and a new drive to a PC . I'd disconnect my main drive in the PC to make things simpler.
The you boot from the Clonzilla disc or thumb drive follow the wizard using device to device mode and copy the contents over to the new disc.
It's all done in Linux so it might be more tolerant of the disc issues.
You could even use a larger drive and expand it after the cloning and end up with more space.

There are several tutorials available on the web
http://clonezilla.org
post #9 of 15 Old 04-26-2014, 10:55 PM - Thread Starter

ok,

i haven't done drive cloning before, but i think i may manage to do it.

i'll post what happens.

so, you think it's the hardware issue of the drive? not the content issue? if that's the case, i think there's more hope in recovering this unit.

thanks again.

post #10 of 15 Old 04-27-2014, 07:51 AM
Advanced Member

I'm guessing not having the drive but yes it sounds like a failing drive vs. corrupt data.
If you want to know for sure and possibly resolve the data issues you could run SpinRite from my buddy Steve Gibson https://www.grc.com/srreview.htm
I'd try cloning 1st.
post #11 of 15 Old 04-27-2014, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

i'm gonna find a hard drive to clone it to today.

now, i see that AAS drive has 3 sectors. after a very long period of time, on my laptop, all three (H:, G:, and F:) show up. "H:" has adagio/xiva and program files, the "F:" has media/sharemedia/etc. files and "G:" is not loading at all when clicked - might be it's that drive is too large. only H: drive show's its size as 1GB.

now, when cloning, will the clonzilla automatically figure out how to partition the new hard drive? or how do you do it manually - i mean figuring out how to designate three sizes?

post #12 of 15 Old 04-27-2014, 09:38 AM
Advanced Member

Clonzilla will make an exact copy of the drive partitions and all automatically
post #13 of 15 Old 04-27-2014, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

that's awesome!

thanks.

*i hope i'm not bothering you too much, but i was watching some tutorial videos on how to use the clonezilla.

now, it seems like if the hard drive is having mechanical/electrical problems, cloning is not possible since it has to read the drive to clone it. is that true, and considering that, will it not work for my case? since my AAS drive is not possible to be accessed via my laptop when i tried?

post #14 of 15 Old 04-28-2014, 06:22 AM
Advanced Member

No worries I enjoy helping out. I keeps my trouble shooting skills sharp smile.gif

Well that might be the end of the road.
One last thing you could try is putting the drive in the freezer in double ziplocked bags for at least 12 hours.
It may work again but as it warms up it will begin to fail again.
I know it sounds crazy but I have recovered data using this method several times.
The theory is that it shrinks everything enough to open up the tolerances for successful read/write operation.

Note: If you data is really important I'd send it off to a a good data recovery lab at the 1st sign of trouble.
post #15 of 15 Old 05-07-2014, 09:33 AM

Reply Home Automation

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page