Crestron Mobile ProG for dummies - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 05-29-2014, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I am trying to configure Crestron Mobile ProG on my ipad.

These are the setting on ipad

IP Address of processor 10.1.1.140
HTTP Port 80
Port a 41790
Port b 41791

Passcode 4321

These are the router settings

Port 80 to 10.1.1.140
Port 41790 to 10.1.1.140
Port 41791 to 10.1.1.140
Port 41795 to 10.1.1.140

This is the simpl windows setting

Assigned Crestron Mobile

added

41790 to port
4321 as passcode
projectname newipadcontrol

I keep getting unable to download manifest file.

Can any one please tell me what I am missing?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-29-2014, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter

Please do not worry, I have got it working. Thanks

post #3 of 9 Old 05-30-2014, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 291
Usually it's pretty simple when this occurs.

Care to share exactly what was wrong with your setup? It may help others in the future.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
post #4 of 9 Old 05-30-2014, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

There was nothing wrong with the set up.

I think the uploading of the project failed.  I re uploaded again and used tool box to check the file was there and it all came to life.

post #5 of 9 Old 07-23-2014, 06:06 AM

Liked: 0
I am having the same issue when accessing through an external IP. When connecting directly to the local router it works just fine, but when going through external IP with port forwarding set up it gives me the "Unable to get manifest file" error. It also shows the full filename with this error, so it is obviously getting feedback from the unit. Not really sure where the problem lies, any input? I can try to provide as much info as I can. This is in a conference room for a unit we don't have admin access to the unit. Our installer was able to get the Mobile Pro G app up and running locally, we are just trying to connect it to an external network.

Thanks for any help.
post #6 of 9 Old 07-24-2014, 03:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcopp View Post
I am having the same issue when accessing through an external IP. When connecting directly to the local router it works just fine, but when going through external IP with port forwarding set up it gives me the "Unable to get manifest file" error. It also shows the full filename with this error, so it is obviously getting feedback from the unit. Not really sure where the problem lies, any input? I can try to provide as much info as I can. This is in a conference room for a unit we don't have admin access to the unit. Our installer was able to get the Mobile Pro G app up and running locally, we are just trying to connect it to an external network.

Thanks for any help.
This type of question may get better answers on the Yahoo Crestron forums. They have a lot of people that are much deeper with this type of information. While I use both the Crestron Application and Crestron Mobile Pro-G, I do not use either outside of my home network, and haven't played with it to know if it works, or is possible.

I just checked with a coworker, and he's using the Crestron App just fine. Point the Mobile application at your home IP address and ensure port forwarding is turned on and ensure the port is open. Typically port 41794 (or similar). As long as your aren't pointing the application towards an internal IP address, you should be fine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
post #7 of 9 Old 07-27-2014, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcopp View Post

Thanks for any help.
The way you describe it, it is able to connect to the processor over the port specified for control (how it gets the file name), but not over http to download the touch panel file itself. Make sure port 80 is forwarded and not blocked. Your other option would be to load the file directly on the iPad, and set the config to use the local file (assuming you have the touchpanel file).
post #8 of 9 Old 07-30-2014, 02:03 PM

Yes, set up in a basic way, port 80 is needed over WAN.
The fact that you can get it to work over LAN but not WAN means Router port issues.
post #9 of 9 Old 08-06-2014, 02:45 PM

Like said above you can port forward port 80 or you can simply change the http port within your Crestron Processor and then forward that port through your router. Enabling local file would work as well but then if a graphics change was made you would have to load the file onto your mobile device rather than just into the internal memory of the processor.
Reply Home Automation

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page