Making progress- amx thermometer any good - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-13-2014, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Making progress- amx thermometer any good

So, quick question. Have bought the house and will spend really the next 9months preparing. However, house needs new HVAC,etc. I am likely going to go with amx. Any experience with their thermometers ? Any reason to avoid?

http://www.avace.com/pdf/ENV-VST-C_installation.pdf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-17-2014, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by yetis View Post
So, quick question. Have bought the house and will spend really the next 9months preparing. However, house needs new HVAC,etc. I am likely going to go with amx. Any experience with their thermometers ? Any reason to avoid?

http://www.avace.com/pdf/ENV-VST-C_installation.pdf
If you like to make changes to your thermostat settings then this might not the thermostat for you. The user interface is terrible. I control my thermostat with my smart phone by opening a VNC connection to the AMX touchpanel. This is much easier than navigating the thermostat menu.

If you want to use the weather forecast option, a 3 year license is included, then I think you have to pay for use after the 3 years expires.

What other AMX equipment will you be using?

Eric
post #3 of 3 Old 06-18-2014, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by trx250r87 View Post
If you like to make changes to your thermostat settings then this might not the thermostat for you. The user interface is terrible. I control my thermostat with my smart phone by opening a VNC connection to the AMX touchpanel. This is much easier than navigating the thermostat menu.

If you want to use the weather forecast option, a 3 year license is included, then I think you have to pay for use after the 3 years expires.

What other AMX equipment will you be using?

Eric
Thanks for the response. Hopefully a full suite of amx kit. I just purchased a house. It will be a year before we can get our ducks in order to do renovation, etc. but I will install new HVAC as existing systems are decades old and dying. So thought I would just get these in the interim.
Reply Home Automation

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page