Require Sugestions: 1080p Crystal Clear Security Camera's with Perfect Night Vision - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 36 Old 07-09-2014, 04:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Yes those Lorex cameras are rebranded Hikvision so it should be pretty good. Price is pretty good with the discount as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 07-09-2014, 11:10 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
x2 what az1324 said. If I were to buy a new system today that is one I would go with.

I posted my specs above.

The systems are way more powerful than what I bought about 1 1/2 years ago and the prices have come way down..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 36 Old 07-10-2014, 03:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by az1324 View Post
Yes those Lorex cameras are rebranded Hikvision so it should be pretty good. Price is pretty good with the discount as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tophinator View Post
x2 what az1324 said. If I were to buy a new system today that is one I would go with.

I posted my specs above.

The systems are way more powerful than what I bought about 1 1/2 years ago and the prices have come way down..
Thanks guys!!! As suggested, I would then get "Lorex 16 Channel Stratus HD NVR Security System with 3TB HDD and 9 1080p Cameras" from Costco.

quick final questions :

1. Is Doom camera better or Bullet better for exterior coverage? Read the reviews and noticed mixed talk all over.

2. I have the pre wire done only for 1 camera in the front and other in the back patio. So, I can only get 2 cameras connected with the pre wire. I can use 1 or 2 other cameras inside by connecting with the cables that come with this kit right? Are bullets better indoor or dooms?

3. What does it exactly mean by 16ch, I thought that it helps to monitor 16 cameras at the same time. Is my assumption correct?
post #34 of 36 Old 07-10-2014, 11:34 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I have used both but prefer the bullet for the exterior. Itdepends on how much you want it to be seen. I have bullets pointing in and outof my front porch as a deterrent.
The domes can get fogged up or get sun flairs a little easier.I think they might look a little nicer on the interior if you install onethere.
16ch means up to 16 cameras. Looking at the specs you shouldbe able to record 8 at 1080 or 16 at 720 or below.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #35 of 36 Old 07-13-2014, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by az1324 View Post
Quote:

I posted my specs above.

Quote:
I have used both but prefer the bullet for the exterior. Itdepends on how much you want it to be seen. I have bullets pointing in and outof my front porch as a deterrent.
The domes can get fogged up or get sun flairs a little easier.I think they might look a little nicer on the interior if you install onethere.
16ch means up to 16 cameras. Looking at the specs you shouldbe able to record 8 at 1080 or 16 at 720 or below.
Thanks for the info, appreciate it.
post #36 of 36 Old 07-18-2014, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I own a 4 pack of Swann cameras with a 2 tb DVR. It works descent considering the entire setup was less than $1,000. anything beyond 20 feet is garbage and you will need an ac adapter to power each camera. I will be adding and IP camera soon to test the strength/weakness of each. With an IP camera its powered via the Ethernet cable which makes wiring and installing camera much easier. Especially through conduit. I assume the software is proprietary to view/record. I have seen some pics from porches which looks like hi quality images and it can be connected directly to my pc which is connected to my tv. Another bonus if I want to switch back and forth. They both allow for remote viewing however hacking into my pc is a concern (the hard drive will either be inside or usb). With a DVR everything is separate.
Not sure what other differences there are.
Reply Home Automation
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page