Home Alarm System - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-30-2014, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Home Alarm System

I have searched online for a GSM home alarm system and Visonic, Yale, Infinite Prime and CommPact seems to be the most popular ones, what are your thoughts and which one you suggest me to purchase?

I have rang two installers today and one said he installs Scantronic alarms and the other one installs Texecom alarms, I believe Scantronic is not as good as Texecom but what are your thoughts?

Is GSM more reliable than using telephone to contact you when alarm is triggered?

Also my house has all the alarm wires fitted when the house was built, should I go for a wired or wireless system?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-06-2014, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
In my opinion the best way to go is always hard wired if possible. Wireless just becomes to unreliable with interference, battery changing, and overall signal coverage at times. If I had to install a wireless system I would use Inovonics. They are more expensive than some brands but their equipment has proven itself to me over the years.

As far as the communications for contacting you when an alarm is triggered I would suggest using a GSM with a phone line as a backup. If you need to choose one or the other benefit of GSM over the telephone line is that it is more secure in the fact that a burglar would have a harder time disabling a GSM.
Reply Home Automation

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page