Help with Crestron PVID 8x3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-13-2014, 03:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Help with Crestron PVID 8x3

I am hoping someone can help with a couple of questions.

I am a Crestron end user and I am just in the process of adding a PVID8x3 video switcher. I was previously using a Matrix switcher that died.

I have three video sources being delivered to four rooms. I can see from the the device in Simpl Windows there is logic for Src-for-out1-level1 through to out8, then it goes Src-for-out1-level2 through to out8

If my video sources for my lounge are lounge_foxtel, lounge_htpc1 and lounge_htpc2 where would I put these in the PVID device?

Many thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-13-2014, 03:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullsey1 View Post
I am hoping someone can help with a couple of questions.

I am a Crestron end user and I am just in the process of adding a PVID8x3 video switcher. I was previously using a Matrix switcher that died.

I have three video sources being delivered to four rooms. I can see from the the device in Simpl Windows there is logic for Src-for-out1-level1 through to out8, then it goes Src-for-out1-level2 through to out8

If my video sources for my lounge are lounge_foxtel, lounge_htpc1 and lounge_htpc2 where would I put these in the PVID device?

Many thanks.
Mullsey1. The PVID can be confusing to program as well as connect in your devices. First you will need to define how your sources are coming into the PVID. For example; Composite, S-Video, or Component. Then you will need to define the same for your outputs to your three rooms. If you need any assistance feel free to reach out to me. I program Crestron on a regular basis here in South Dakota. Have a good one.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-13-2014, 04:01 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 2
There is a Module in Simpl Windows that you can use to help. Drag it into your program and fill in the signals. Refer to the demo program from the website. All it takes is Analog Initalize symbols to get things going. Program it, watch it work, and it will all make sense in a hurry.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-17-2014, 08:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullsey1 View Post
You don't put them in the PVID, you program the PVID to switch, that's it.

Look at the back of the PVID.

There are 3 different planes, labeled 1, 2, and 3 respectively.

Assuming that you are using component video sources and have component video output, that means that plane 1, 2, and 3 will all switch together, to the same source, at the same time.

So, you will drop in a analog initialize symbol. One for each of your displays. They will correspond the source connected to a specific input, to that display.

Assuming:
lounge_foxtel = input 1
lounge_htpc1 = input 2
lounge_htpc1 = input 3

lounge_television = output 1

By example:
Analog initialize Symbol
Digital Inputs and corresponding analog values:

lounge_foxtel_to_lounge_television (value= 1)
lounge_htpc1_to_lounge_television (value= 2)
lounge_htpc3_to_lounge_television (value= 3)
blank_to_loung_television (value= 0)

The analog output:
lounge_television_source_# would be connected to:
Src-For-Out-1-Level-1
AND
Src-For-Out-1-Level-2
AND
Src-For-Out-1-Level-3

Yes, all three, because you want to switch all three to the same thing at the same time.

The reason you can pick and choose with the PVID is that it was designed when composite and even S-Video were still fairly popular connection types, and it let you mix and match everything. Since you are likely using component video for everything, then you switch everything at once.

I imagine, you could even use RGBHV and switch 5 different connections at once.

As far as I can tell, the PVID is more like a 48x24 switcher. The 3 planes of 16 inputs can be independently switched to the 8 outputs however you would like.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
Reply Home Automation

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page