Hi all. Ok so I'm renovating a house that I plan to move into. I've been working on it in my spare time and have had (some time ago) someone "push" open some double french doors before I had the top and bottom sliding bolts installed (yes there was a deadbolt). I had a nail gun and portable compressor stolen. Around that time some other neighbors had break ins also.
I'm looking at getting a home security system. Here is what I'd like to have:
1. at least 2-3 cameras (night vision would be nice)...at least 2 exterior and 2 interior would be ideal (one for the HT would be cool
2. a door bell or driveway alert would be great. While we're on this issue, would I have any problem with a wireless security system and a wireless door bell kit if I have to get both?
3. I could use either wired or wireless, but wireless would have to be dependable.
4. Has to be simple to use for other family members.
5. a baby moniter camera would be nice but not needed.
6. be able to view cameras over mobile phone and TV
7. Like to stay under $1000 if possible. I don't need a huge system, but I'd like to have a decent one thats easy to use.
8. Don't want to pay a monthly fee but I will if it is worth it.
9. I'd like to keep it simple, but have no problem running wires, installing cameras, ect.
Not sure what else I should be looking for, but I do need a door bell kit also and the house is not in town so a driveway alarm would be nice. Also we may repair and use a pool in the back so maybe a motion sensor for the pool?
Thanks in advance for any and all help you can give me