The install finally happened today after a couple of delays due to my work schedule.
The three garage door openers, lights on the front step and outside the garage, and all of the A/V gear is up and running.
Things that I will be adding in the near future:
- Dakota Alert driveway sensor to turn on lights when a car comes in the drive, and maybe send a text to phone/ipad/tv screen if that's doable
- 4 Entry door locks to allow mother-in-law and our grown son and his wife access to the house if they arrive from out of town while we are away
- 4Sight Subscription
- More lighting in the house
- Some motorized drapes/blinds to put the downstairs in "Movie" mode
- I would love to automate the hot tub but I don't know if it can be done
I do have a couple of questions:
- How much does Composer Home Edition cost, and is it worth the money? Seems like it should so that I can do things like automate the lights, setup schedules for the thermostats, etc.
- I have downloaded the C4 app for PC/Mac from the website (I have a Mac), but I can't figure out how to run it. There is only one link listed, it says "Mac/Windows." Anyone have any help on running this on my Mac?
I am already hooked on this and can see how it can get even more expensive, very fast. So far I am into it for about $2500.
Paradigm Studio 100 v.5's - Front
Paradigm Studio CC690 v.5 - Center
Paradigm Studio 20 v.5's - Surrounds
Anthem MRX710 - Anthem A2 (driving the fronts)
Control4 System & QNap NAS Running Kodi