Wireless Blinds - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-02-2014, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Wireless Blinds

I am a long-time admirer of this forum and have used info from here to build a HT in my old home.

I have a new home that came with a Lutron Grafik Eye lighting system and (I believe) Lutron shades. Step one of my automation project is to control the blinds with wall-mounted ipads and over the next few months I plan to add wireless HVAC (probably Nest) and sound control and replace the Grafik Eye panels.

I am having a very hard time determining what I need to change my blind rocker switches to in order to be able to run an app to operate them. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-02-2014, 08:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 359
Which model Grafik Eye? And if there are Lutron shades, too, are you sure you'd don't have a RadioRA setup already?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 Old 09-03-2014, 11:09 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyHynes View Post
I am having a very hard time determining what I need to change my blind rocker switches to in order to be able to run an app to operate them. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Rocker switches for blinds doesn't sound like a lutron system. Depending on how its wired, you could possibly use a RadioRA2 VCRX to mimic the operation of the rocker switch....

Pics of the rocker switch, wiring, the shades, and any identifying info on the shades would be a big help.
post #4 of 5 Old 09-03-2014, 11:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks. I confirmed that the shades are not Lutron and there are no RadioRA switches. The rocker has three positions--on, off, and neutral. I can try to post a pic tomorrow.
post #5 of 5 Old 09-04-2014, 06:28 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyHynes View Post
Thanks. I confirmed that the shades are not Lutron and there are no RadioRA switches. The rocker has three positions--on, off, and neutral. I can try to post a pic tomorrow.
Try to find out who made the shades - they may offer some IR or wireless control options...

If you want to try to simulate/control the existing switch, you need to figure out how it is controlling the shades. Is it using line voltage? low voltage? Does it just close circuits or does it use a more sophisticated control protocol?
Reply Home Automation

Tags
blinds , grafik eye , lutron , nest

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page