AVS Forum banner

How do you connect SkyDrop to a Pump Start Relay (PSR)?

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  FlyingDiver 
#1 ·
For anyone who has experience with the SkyDrop Timer, Pump Start Relays, and/or connecting digital sprinkler timers to pump start relays....

I will connect the SkyDrop outdoors. I will need to use a Pump Start Relay. The Pump Start Relay will have two 24v wires out to the SkyDrop BUT there is no place to connect those wires.

The SkyDrop power adapter uses a proprietary connector to plug into the SkyDrop's wall plate (beneath the bubble level).

How can I connect the SkyDrop to a Pump Start Relay so it can receive power? Any suggestions are appreciated.

#3 ·
Thanks for responding FlyingDiver.
I am trying to use the PSR to power the SkyDrop

The problem is the PSR will have two wires out to the SkyDrop (see example picture with white and black wire capped with orange wire cap)

The SkyDrop however accepts power from it's 24v power adapter using a proprietary connection (ive attached two example SkyDrop images; ignore the red arrow in one of those pictures). The proprietary connection connects below the bubble level.

Attachments

#4 ·
I don't understand why you're trying to use a PSR to power the SkyDrop. It comes with a 24V power supply, which it should be connected to. If you just need to use some existing wire to extend the power line from where you can install the wall wart, cut off the connector from the end of the wall wart cable and connect it to the existing wires to the remote location.

Also, if you're installing the SkyDrop outside, you'll need their Weather Save housing unit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.