Control infiNet dimmers with non-Crestron controller? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-02-2017, 06:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Control infiNet dimmers with non-Crestron controller?

Hi, does anyone have experience integrating pre-existing Crestron infiNET dimmers with any other brand automation controller? Are they a proprietary RF system limited to Crestron controller systems only or are their APIs on other major automation systems that can control the dimmers. Ripping out dimmers while installing home automation isn't a preferred path forward but will be done if infiNET is like the rest of Crestron, proprietary/closed system use only. Lutron Radio RA2 will be put in but adds cost the new homeowner doesn't prefer to spend on dimmers. I'm hoping someone here can help with the answer. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-04-2017, 12:59 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 14
From what I have read and experienced it is a proprietary system to Crestron. In most situations like this if there is an existing crestron control system and you have access to modify the source code. We write a translation module to go from whatever control system you are using to the crestron process to use the lighting portion of the program.

While I was in the middle of transferring my house over to crestron from RTI, we wrote a module for the 2 system to communicate back and forth 2-way for the transition period to eliminate downtime in the control system.

SBTS-Inc.com
- Certified Crestron Programmer and DM T-4K, D-4K, E-4K Certifications.
- RTI Programmer/ Driver Developer
- Rational Acoustics Smaart Certified
- QSC QSYS Lvl 1 and 2 Certified Programmer
post #3 of 3 Old 09-04-2017, 11:04 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Not going to happen...
Best bet is to add A Crestron Pyng hub and run with it....Pyng will control the Infinet dimmers and do an amazing job! Very very quick to program, easy to operate, solid reliability, and great free interfaces. And the Pyng hub is rather inexpensive...it's all you'd need, and offers future expandibility with Sonos, Security, HVAC, etc..... killer product that goes much beyond Ra2 except for shades control.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Automation

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page