Join Date: Feb 2004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
|is there another company?|
|are they worth it in the end??|
|- Whole House Audio/Video distribution, mzone/msource with HDTV in each area
- HVAC control
- drape control
- tablet PC/PDA controllable
- cameras [nannycam & front-door & external]
- Doorbell ring detector, so we can pause any audio/video and pull up a live video of the front-door when it rings
- Caller id [so we can pause any audio/video and flash the info on screen, or perhaps even do it based on the specific person calling in, or perhaps even announce the caller over the speakers]
- Motion sensors, so we can do the above 2 based on what room we're in. [i.e., only announce caller ID on the rooms that are in use]
- RFID & electric door strikes, so that we can press a button as we approach house and door unlocks.
- SMS integration, so we can page the house as we're getting close to turn up the heat/turn on exterior lights/...
Then we can move into the really cool stuff, like tying multiple events above together so that when we leave the house, we just punch in a code on the $250 touchpanel, it turns off all the audio/video, turns down heat, turns on exterior lights, yada yada, and we just exit.