Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-13-2007, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

I have had my JDS Stargate SG-IP for about a year and have been very happy with it, but have determined that interfacing it to HomeSeer would very advantageous.
However, I ran into an interesting problem when trying to use HomeSeer and the JDS Stargate plug-in with my Stargate SG-IP.

I was able to install HomeSeer and the JDS Stargate plug-in on a newly built PC running Windows XP Pro. HomeSeer was able to communicate with the SG-IP through the plug-in and I was able to control the SG-IP much the same way that the JDS Mega Controller does.

I am running the JDS WebX and HomeRunner on my LAN connected PCs and Tablets for remote control of the Stargate and have found that trying to control the SG-IP through the WebX webpage and the HomeRunner application, caused the SG-IP to become very sluggish and eventually lockup so that I had to shutdown HomeSeer and reset the SG-IP.

I am beginning to think that HomeSeer and the JDS Stargate plug-in is really meant to work with a Stargate Lite without the IP interface.

So I am wondering if there is a solution to this dilemma or will I have to remove the Stargate IP interface or just not use it if I want to pursue using HomeSeer and the Stargate together?
Regards,
TCIII

If you are going to send someone to save the world, you better make sure they like it the way it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-25-2008, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I purchased a JDS Stargate a while back and am now starting to look into setting it up. I'm totally new to home automation. I'm hoping you can help me get started. I just came across your book and got some idea what to do but still not quite sure how to get started. I want to start out by controlling some lights in the basement but not sure what do I need to get started. Like do I get X10 or Insteon? If I want to be able to control the lights via a brower from my Mogul ppc 6800 or my desktop, can I write my own interface? I would really appreciate it if you can offer me some guidance.

Thank you
Reply Home Automation

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page